Totally scratch built fuselage of a 1:20 scale B17G "Fuddy Duddy"

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Impressive work sir, Impressive. Will you eventually add the wings or will it strictly be fuselage ? 

Thanks...and...

Strictly fuselage.....I always planned it this way!😉

• Like 3

Great work! Really Great!

Congratulations on completing this masterpiece. 

Strangely perhaps, one of the things I really like about this is that you have not modelled the whole aeroplane. I have recently noticed that some of my favourite models only depict the ‘core’ or ‘focal point’ of a subject. When the work is this good the observer doesn’t notice the ‘missing’ bits but just enjoys the unobstructed view of what’s there. This approach opens up a world of possibilities…

👍👍👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

Great work! Really Great!

Congratulations on completing this masterpiece. 

Strangely perhaps, one of the things I really like about this is that you have not modelled the whole aeroplane. I have recently noticed that some of my favourite models only depict the ‘core’ or ‘focal point’ of a subject. When the work is this good the observer doesn’t notice the ‘missing’ bits but just enjoys the unobstructed view of what’s there. This approach opens up a world of possibilities…

👍👍👍

Thanks a lot!...and I'm pleased that you understand what I was trying to achieve with this model!....the focal point was always going to be the interior. I was trying to show what it must have been like to fly in the Fortress and how cramped it really was!....the wings and power plants never crossed my mind!😉

• Like 1

Ah Fozzy, its spectacular!  A museum deserves to be built just to house it properly!I remember well when you had just started this project and being amazed with every post at your skill, and the ingenuity of using so many household and ordinary items to such great effect!  A real masterpiece here you've created, and no mistake.

I know you never intended to do the wings, though have you given any thought to doing say a single engine and prop perhaps?

...Asking for a friend.  (The little devil on my shoulder)  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow. In about 40y of modelling I've never seen anything that's blown me away like this. What an achievement. First photo I was confused and thought it was a photo of the real subject being modelled. Spectacular!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, uilleann said:

Ah Fozzy, its spectacular!  A museum deserves to be built just to house it properly!I remember well when you had just started this project and being amazed with every post at your skill, and the ingenuity of using so many household and ordinary items to such great effect!  A real masterpiece here you've created, and no mistake.

I know you never intended to do the wings, though have you given any thought to doing say a single engine and prop perhaps?

...Asking for a friend.  (The little devil on my shoulder)  😁

Thanks a lot for your kind words and you can tell your "little devil" that I won't be doing an engine or prop as I really want to move on with another project....what ever that may be!😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fozzy said:

Thanks a lot for your kind words and you can tell your "little devil" that I won't be doing an engine or prop as I really want to move on with another project....what ever that may be!😉

He says it was worth a shot.  😁🤣  Thrilled to have been along for the ride on this one.  Really epic stuff, start to finish.  Cheers!!

• Like 1

- Incredible work, the inside photo really look like the real things. At first sight, even at second and third I still wonder what I was looking at, a model or some scale 1.-

I've followed your progress in your succesiv post ; CHAPEAU BAS MONSIEUR...:worthy::worthy:

• Like 1

Loved seeing the last few years of this amazing/bonkers/awe inspiring project. It really is a staggering achievement! 

Museum visitors are going to enjoy looking over all the amazing details you created....from odds and ends!!!!!

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Richie

• Like 1