Does anyone use Camouflage putty with standard brushes?

Firebuild

Hello everyone

I am planning the 2-tone camouflage of my M3 Grant tank (desert colours) and have bought some Mig Ammo Camouflage putty. I don't own an airbrush (yet!) but wondered if anyone has used this technique with normal brushes and could tell me if it works OK or if there are any pitfalls.

Thanks for any help!! 🙂

Edited by Firebuild
typo

The danger would be the paint building up thickly against the masking.  Personally when handbrushing I only mask off straight lines (with tape); even then care is needed to avoid thickness buildup on the masked line.  I’m not sure this putty would allow any more accurate camouflage demarcation than one could achieve with the paintbrush?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For brush painting flowing camo patterns, I find a strong confident stroke of the brush with well thinned paint to get a nice smooth finish is best way to make them work - I prefer to use a flat topped brush - the humbrol 4 pack with purple handles is my preferred.

If you are using acrylics, just keep a very wet brush nearby so that if you make a mistake you can just flood the area and clean it off to start again.

• Thanks 1