1/700 Hasegawa IJN Kaga

This is my first excursion into ship building since my primary school days. Built OOB just to see if I would be interested in it. I used decals to represent wood decking For the base I used styrodur base, watercolour paper and vallejo pacific ocean acrylic and vallejo water foam. I like to look to model ships but I am reluctant to use those big PE sets. 

img_4419.jpg?w=1200&h=&zoom=2img_4418.jpg?w=1200&h=&zoom=2

img_4419.jpg?w=1200&h=&zoom=2

img_4417.jpg?w=1200&h=&zoom=2

img_4413.jpg?w=1200&h=&zoom=2

img_4409.jpg?w=818&h=&zoom=2

img_4408.jpg?w=1200&h=&zoom=2

Edited by Lanmi
multiple pictures
  • Like 23

Gidday Lanmi, she looks very good. I work in a similar scale (1/600) and I don't use PE either, although other modelers do a superb job with it. I haven't done a Japanese carrier yet but would like to. If it turns out half as good as this I'll be happy. Well done. Regards, Jeff.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Toryu said:

Wow, this is great! Finally someone who builds the Pearl Harbor carriers - thank you. What did you use for water?

Thank you, for the water I used Vallejo Pacific ocean acrylic effect. For the waves I used Vallejo Foam effect.

Very neat building and painting, and that seascape along with weathering really brings the model to life! I'm not a huge carrier guy, but the wooden decks with colorful markings really set these IJN ones apart.

• Thanks 1