Occra London tram .

Don149

• 2 weeks later...

I am also building the OcCre Berlin tram. I got it for Xmas so I’m not too far along. I have built the interior and have ordered some wood stain and green paint before continuing. I’m enjoying it so far. In fact I doubt it will be my last OcCre tram!

Edited by MajorCalloway

I`ve just reached the stage of fitting the side suspension and axle boxes , which are of course none working , and have found the measurement 

given for the dowel axles is wrong ! . That given is 57m/m should be the distance between the wheels so the axle dowels need to be 8m/m

longer . Check your kit`s wheel spacing before fitting . I`ve just had to saw mine off , grrr . Also the supposedly 6m/m dowel in my kit was actually

8m/m . Luckily I have plenty of rod and strip left over from several wooden ship kits .

Happy modelling , 

Don .

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

How are you Tram builders getting on, further progress on mine is still stalled for aforementioned reasons.

My daughter got me another one as a birthday present, did tell her not to expect seeing it finished anytime soon.

51832501055_7f5f454487_c.jpg

Edited by Tijuana Taxi
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Tijuana Taxi said:

How are you Tram builders getting on

well, I've got the Lisbon tram kit and the Lisbon diorama. Started the diorama and I may post the build of it on here, provided it works out OK. Biggest issue at present is the kit is based on a street junction in Lisbon, but the materials supplied for the road and pathways is just way wrong, so a lot of cutting up of bits of cardboard has ensued🥴. I blame Google Street view.

Edited by MR2Don
  • Like 1

I`m started on the upper deck , glued and painted 30 metal stanchions , which don`t resemble the ones in the instructions ! , fitted the lower wood

surround , painted it and now applying the deco stickers . When applying the stickers around the lower deck I did so with the aid of diluted white

glue , now around the upper deck I`m trying clear varnish instead . `Painted the woodwork , let it dry then brushed on varnish followed by the stickers .

How much better a method this is I`ll know tomorrow when it`s all dry .

Happy modelling ,

Don .

• Like 1

Look forward to seeing the Lisbon and London trams, interested in that diorama base too.

Interested to know how the Berlin one is going too, any pitfalls encountered yet?

Just too much going on for me to think about and these models certainly require a high degree of concentration.

Got all the bits ready for the next stage, so when things are right I can crack on.

Edited by Tijuana Taxi

Here`s a laugh . I`m fitting the brass wire hand rails around the upper deck and was looking for something of the right diameter to bend the wire 

to match the dia. of each end of the tram . After much searching I found just the thing , a bottle of vinegar !. Ah well , needs must .

Don .

• Like 2