Spindizzy Desert hover vehicle

`I stole the word 'Spindizzy from the James Blish 'Cities in Flight' Sci Fi books.

I'd seen another Kreiger 'skimmer' type attack craft some time ago, and when @TonyW donated an old,

built Airfix SRN1 model, I had my basis for a build. Paint is Tamiya acrylic and I used some pastel crayons too.

Lots of greeblies and odd bits went into this, and I've really enjoyed building it.

I forgot to add the underside skids before taking the pictures, Doh!

jaCNzWR.jpg

I've taken the pictures as a 'walkaround', so please enjoy and please ask questions if you feel the need.

tumdX79.jpg

53BSnrE.jpg

EBLW8cy.jpg

aINrhsD.jpg

FUYM7Ru.jpg

ZaJfpIv.jpg

nhZ8MvA.jpg

WxVabNf.jpg

5xZP9Ml.jpg

And there we are. I hope you find it pleasing and not too puzzling. Cheers, Pete

• Like 27

That has to be the most unique build of an Airfix SRN1 I've ever seen! It's also going to keep me occupied for ages, trying to identify the bits used. So far what I think are a pair of Panther road wheels and a short length of track have been spotted

• Thanks 1

Many thanks, Chaps. It was hours of fun, and I wasn't tied down by instructions or historical accuracy. That's how I like it.

5 hours ago, TonyW said:

It's also going to keep me occupied for ages, trying to identify the bits used.

1/32nd Matchbox Puma engines. 1/24th Airfix Harrier Bombs/rocket pods. Bits of a Slave One. That should help you. 

Without your very kind donation it wouldn't exist and i wouldn't have had all that fun. 

Grateful Pete

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2021 at 8:13 PM, TheBaron said:

More of your unique inventiveness Pete to ravish the eye. A most pleasing assemblage!

I'm sure that what he is trying to say is you're a pretty clever geezer & it looks bloody good. I  agree wholeheartedly, assuming I've translated right. ;) :D

Steve.

• Thanks 1