Airfix 1/16 Cobra 427

kpnuts

Hi all just won this on ebay, never heard of this Airfix kit before so no idea of quality or accuracy. 
Now I just have the tedious job of waiting for it to arrive.

• Like 1

It looks like a Cobra and it's a decent size once done,  although 1.16 isn't exactly mainstream these days.

The opening doors give some interesting fit issues and the tires might be a bit on the wide side. The Halibrands look OK. I think Indydecals do 1.16 scale gold or blue band tire decals that would really make something special out of the rolling stock.

The seats are nice, with quite subtle engraving.

I can't remember too much more about it. Yours would probably turn up before I found mine!

Getting an all singing, all dancing one out of the parts will take real effort. A curbside build would be a whole lot easier.

I started one when they first came out and it's still sitting part done in the loft.

Keep us posted, I would love to see one done.

• Like 2

Built this kit years ago. Not too bad but not up to what we expect from more recent kits. The moulds must be getting on for 50 years old now. I converted mine to RHD. The opening doors! I first displayed it with one door left open. After a couple of years the hinge got brittle and it fell off. Either make it with doors closed or make metal hinges for them.