Fujimi BMW Z4 GT3 1/24 Hatsume Miku GSR

Good final result but the most troublesome decals ever , didn’t react well to any solutions and were brittle , bad combo !!!

Mostly painted with Tamiya LP and clear coated with Mr Color superclear 3.

Thanks for looking and please comment as you see fit 👍

8-F070286-55-CE-44-E5-818-E-484983-CA74-
88596408-0-BF3-43-E8-9-D22-C2-FADFF3-E5-
9-EEA7-CB6-A2-BF-4946-B3-E4-B2566988355-
845-F42-CF-992-E-4946-A7-D0-9234-EFB8207

• Like 13

2 hours ago, paulyoung666 said:

but the most troublesome decals ever , didn’t react well to any solutions and were brittle ,

Sounds like my recent 'fun' with Shunko decals on my Calibra build, but mine were nowhere near as complex as those - you've done an excellent job with them, and that's a great looking racecar!

Keith

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Sounds like my recent 'fun' with Shunko decals on my Calibra build, but mine were nowhere near as complex as those - you've done an excellent job with them, and that's a great looking racecar!

Keith

From what I’ve heard , shunko are the opposite , really thick , these were like tissue paper !!!!!

4 hours ago, Stef N. said:

You're a very brave man.😲😀 Great result on the Beemer, very well done.👏

Thank you 😊 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paulyoung666 said:

From what I’ve heard , shunko are the opposite , really thick , these were like tissue paper !!!!!

TBH both sets of the things I've had have been pretty thin and looked really nicely printed - just nearly impossible to use!

Keith

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, paulyoung666 said:

what solution did you use ?

Microsol, Mr Mark Softer, Daco weak and medium - none of which had much effect - and finally Daco strong which caused some of the ink in the decals to run and stain the surrounding paint! Got most success with a hairdryer.

Keith

Nice, I have the shell of the same kit virtually complete.  You are right about those decals, I had to get to UMP extra super strong to get them to lay down, but then got some "stretch-marks",luckily not on poor Miku, so had to custom mix touch up paints.  Looks okay once glossed.

Err...did you forget Miku's arms on the bonnet?  I found it awkward to line them up convincingly across the vents.  

Cheers

Will

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, malpaso said:

Nice, I have the shell of the same kit virtually complete.  You are right about those decals, I had to get to UMP extra super strong to get them to lay down, but then got some "stretch-marks",luckily not on poor Miku, so had to custom mix touch up paints.  Looks okay once glossed.

Err...did you forget Miku's arms on the bonnet?  I found it awkward to line them up convincingly across the vents.  

Cheers

Will

Don’t tell anyone about the arms , it’s our secret 🤫 🤣🤣

as for the UMP extra strong , I had the same issue , the gunze stuff just sat on the surface and laughed at me 😳 , I was considering battery acid at one point 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2