Bell UH-1 in Vietnam

I have finished this model mostly for practice and OOB.  the practice involving creating a simple base and painting the 1/72 figures. I quite enjoyed painting the figures, eventhough they look better from a certain distance 😬.

I need to pay more attention next time on the balsa frame ( it cuts like butter).

DSC_0001

DSC_0002

DSC_0007

DSC_0010

and here's a close up

DSC_0012

• Like 56

Simple and yet effective presentation.  It really gives the aircraft some context without being any bigger than absolutely necessary.  I agree that the frame looks a bit ragged, but I'm not entirely sure that's a bad thing (leaning ever-so-slightly toward, "Yeah, you should have a more 'polished' looking frame next time.")

Nice work!

bob

8 hours ago, moondrome said:

I have finished this model mostly for practice and OOB.  the practice involving creating a simple base and painting the 1/72 figures. I quite enjoyed painting the figures, eventhough they look better from a certain distance 😬.

I need +++

I think it really pays off you built that base and added the figures AND put that little extra effort into the photography (background & lighting).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Very nicely done!  I flew the Huey for 13 years.  One point for your next build, the the blade extension lamination are covered in black epoxy like paint.  Many assume it is metal and they paint silver or dry brush with a lighter color.  If you wish to lightly dry brush them thats A-OK.  Otherwise, very nice Huey.  The one you built is a Charlie model Huey.  This had the 540 rotor system and wider tail.  Used extensively as a gunship even until the  late 1980s!

• Like 1

Hello Moon. We don't hear that typical sound of the rotors anymore. The better, it is kept a life by us modelers. Job, including figurines, well done.

Regards for, The Netherlands.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CMSCHLOM said:

Very nicely done!  I flew the Huey for 13 years.  One point for your next build, the the blade extension lamination are covered in black epoxy like paint.  Many assume it is metal and they paint silver or dry brush with a lighter color.  If you wish to lightly dry brush them thats A-OK.  Otherwise, very nice Huey.  The one you built is a Charlie model Huey.  This had the 540 rotor system and wider tail.  Used extensively as a gunship even until the  late 1980s!

Hello @CMSCHLOM and thanks for the tip on the blade. I will certainly keep in mind next time 

• Like 1