Monstrous spooky supernatural GB for 2023

zebra

Since it's Halloween today, how about a spooky monstrous supernatural themed GB for 2023? Maybe with @Enzo Matrix's blessing it could start or end on October 31. Suitable subjects could be anything with a link to the theme in its name (eg the De Havilland Vampire, Rolls Royce Phantom) or a nickname (eg AC-47 Spooky), name, nickname or symbol of its operator (eg 9 Sqn RAF with its bat, the US Navy's VX-9 Vampires), or a model of a monster, ghost etc (surely there must have been a Frankenstein's monster kit). Or some other connection that I've not thought of. I'm open to suggestions. What do you think?

The list:

1. zebra

2. @Black Knight

3. @ArnoldAmbrose

4. @Corsairfoxfouruncle

5. @Marklo

6. @CliffB

7. @Thom216

8. @Lightningboy2000

9. @TimJ

10. @trickyrich

• Like 1

Couldn’t miss this one. Might be time to revisit an Alien kit or two or maybe dredge up something like the creature from the black lagoon ( always wanted on of those)

Hmm since they’re starting at €100 for a kit on fleabay, might need to get a little creative, or maybe just be patient like I had to be to get a 1/144 A10 warthog for less than crazy money :) 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

A 'yes please' from me too.  I have a Rolls Royce Silver Ghost just waiting to be built.

As another idea,  KLM have used the name 'Flying Dutchman' (a legendary ghost ship), on some of their airliners.

Cheers

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2021 at 5:03 PM, CliffB said:

KLM have used the name 'Flying Dutchman' (a legendary ghost ship)

I like it!

Thanks everyone for signing up so far. I've been neglecting the GB chat section lately, too busy watching the blood-letting in the bunfight, but time to jump into this and start a list of names.

Gidday, reading the initial post of this thread it's desired to start or finish on 31st October, logical I think. Another proposed GB is "They didn't make it back", desired to start or finish on 11th November, Remembrance Day, also quite logical. If these two both make it into the calendar, to avoid clashes maybe this GB ends on Halloween, and the other starts on Remembrance Day. 

But then it would clash with KUTA. Second thought, maybe it could straddle Remembrance day? Hmmmm, it could be a busy time. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Thom216 said:

You know, what? Add my name too. The thought of getting an F3 Demon kit has been in my head for the last few days...🤔

spacer.png

A Demon would be perfect. You're on the list.

On 11/15/2021 at 1:46 AM, Avereda said:

Also possible No.428 RCAF Ghost Squadron

Yes that would work too - do you want to sign up?

21 hours ago, Marklo said:

Well I do want to add a wyvern or a gannet or even a sea fury to my collection so if they qualify I'm in. 

You were in already - not sure I can add you to the list twice!

A wyvern is a winged dragon so as a mythological creature I think it fits with the spooks and monsters theme, so that would be ok. Sea Fury seems a bit more tenuous, although the Furies were Greek goddesses of vengeance (I think) so maybe there's enough of a link there. Not sure how gannet would fit though, unless it flew with a unit that would fit the theme. Show us a photo of someone in a gannet costume for Halloween and I might consider it!

20 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

You can "Count" - me in!

giphy.gif

A Voodoo, Demon & a Phantom or two are on the cards!

That'll give any muppets fan nightmares! You're on the list.

• Like 1

this sounds interesting....

besides the usual Phantom (pretty well everyone has at least one in the stash) I have a couple of 1/48th possibilities, a F3H-2N Demon and F2H-3/4 Banshee (this is a super rare model). Either would be perfect for this build.

• Like 1

What about a U-2 flown by the Soviet Night Witches or 'Black Cat' Catalina. The 493rd Fighter Squadron and VFA-101 both carried the 'Grim Reapers' nickname. You could also do some British Paratroopers, the Red Devils or 3rd SS Panzer Division machines as they were the Death's Head Division, or "Totenkopf". 80th Fighter Group P-40s also carried a large skull nose art too.

Some ideas to spark interest.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2021 at 8:59 AM, TimJ said:

I've got a Rolls Royce Phantom II plus if mythical creatures are included I could add a Gremlin and a Thunderird. 

20 hours ago, trickyrich said:

this sounds interesting....

besides the usual Phantom (pretty well everyone has at least one in the stash) I have a couple of 1/48th possibilities, a F3H-2N Demon and F2H-3/4 Banshee (this is a super rare model). Either would be perfect for this build.

11 hours ago, Brad said:

What about a U-2 flown by the Soviet Night Witches or 'Black Cat' Catalina. The 493rd Fighter Squadron and VFA-101 both carried the 'Grim Reapers' nickname. You could also do some British Paratroopers, the Red Devils or 3rd SS Panzer Division machines as they were the Death's Head Division, or "Totenkopf". 80th Fighter Group P-40s also carried a large skull nose art too.

Some ideas to spark interest.

Some great ideas there!

@Brad should I add you to the list then?

• Like 1