Does anyone have an image or drawing of a Dassault Ouragan gunsight?

neilh

I'm trying to finish the 1/48th JGMT resin Ouragan for our club display at Telford and although this kit has fought me every step of the way I am nearly there.  I painted up the gun sight and its really nicely detailed but there is absolutely no hint in the hand drawn instructions which way it fits, ie which way is up or down or front or back!  I have looked and looked on line and every image I can see of the cockpit is either from too low to see the gunsight at the rear of the coaming or its not there at all.  Hoping someone may have something in a book or stored from on line that could help me. Thanks in advance.

The Ouragan used the Ferranti Mk.IV E GGS (Gyro Gun Sight). Here is a good shot of the IP which clearly shows the gunsight: https://www.flight-manuals-online.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Ouragan-cockpit2.jpg

And this is what the GGS looks like: https://www.picclickimg.com/d/l400/pict/282262602429_/Ferranti-Gyro-GunsightGGS-MK-IVE-SGZielgerät-Reflector-GunsightOptical.jpg

Cheers

Markus

• Like 5

Fantastic. Thank you Markus- that is absolutely perfect. I can now clearly orient the gun sight - the square pad and the semi circular marked section are clearly moulded on the resin sight.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Mike, I've built the model ( finished it in time to make our club display at Scale Model World this year, but thanks for posting. I have saved these in case we ever get an injected kit of the Ouragan.