A fleet of mini Dakotas.....

......! My love for this aeroplane will be shown here.  Over the past couple weeks I posted my recent finishers to 1/144th scale a pair of Dakotas. One Minicraft( the CP Air one) and one Roden kit as a BIA cargo hauler.   So now I can show the others of my collection. All built some time ago.

zjmKKr.jpg

All 5 and a half of my collection so far.

dQIzIM.jpg

My three Canadian Daks. L to r: CP Air  recently posted here the other day, centre, WWA Dak and right, Pacific Western Dak.
ciq9Zl.jpg

On the left my fairly recent completion of the stalled Roden build in BIA colours. and on the right another G-AMRA in Morton colours. More of this one below.

2dHKI2.jpg

Currently on the bench.  Need to make a decision on a finish for it.

aa1h9H.jpg

647dQO.jpg

Av8DXs.jpg

I have  decals for the WWA one above in 1/72 and is  in my for sale listing. If there are no takers  I may well use them for  the one on build or go for another CP Air one in the 72nd scale . So hard to decide  and so many schemes to choose from but lack of suitable decals that are not military. 

NkmPb6.jpg

BxY9fD.jpg

The above pics are of a Minicraft kit and Whiskey Jack decals.

qXYByd.jpg

9kAHFV.jpg

OTLK0C.jpg

2mHlHI.jpg

Another Minicraft kit. S &M Decals( One of Mel's early sets).
OOqasC.jpg

AlNMQg.jpg

OmCA6D.jpg

BWCwdm.jpg

Minicraft kit again. Leading Edge Decals.

Xkxo44.jpg

ZT043v.jpg

ZwBRB3.jpg

6XcfOj.jpg

8wicYd.jpg

Finally keeping it in the family a DC-2. Its the CMR resin kit and supplied decals.

OVoXIx.jpg

Next instalment will feature my 1/72nd daks!

• Like 37
  • Thanks 2

Beautiful - I’ve often thought about building a flock of Daks like this and you may just have provided the inspiration. It’s hard to find a livery the Dakota doesn’t look awesome in. 

• Like 1

Superb collection and builds of this all time classic.

I like to do the same with my Boeing 747s...but I would need to rent a parking lot to display them all together...😊😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, John_W said:

Very nice collection.

Out of all the kits, which do you recommend as the best?

Of the only two that I know about, the Minicraft and Roden, the Roden one is better . Except the way the bottom side of the wing trailing edge where it meets the fuselage. Its done where the falsps would be and has a curious angle and the ends but a bit of filler and rescribe will improve it. But the rest of it is better than Minicraft with such things as the main wheels, legs and the optional door/cargo door. and the engines are better too with proper cowls etc. The Minicraft is better in the way the lower centre section fits as I attempted to describe above for the Roden one, but the bad bits are the too long engine cowlings and slightly undersized engines, closed doors with only the pure passenger door outlined and no freight door outline( opposite to the Roden one), the strange main  wheels and odd looking props.  Over all the shapes of both look fine to me with fine surface detail all over but there are probably discrepancies to perfectionists but when built both look good. So for me the Roden one is just a bit better.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Paul J said:

Currently on the bench.  Need to make a decision on a finish for it.

Military, the type deserves at least one example in this excellent collection. Or, the livery of the Canadian transport company that featured in the TV series 

a couple of years ago. Were they green? I can't remember!

4 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Military, the type deserves at least one example in this excellent collection. Or, the livery of the Canadian transport company that featured in the TV series 

a couple of years ago. Were they green? I can't remember!

I believe you mean Buffalo Airways as in Ice Pilots. As for military I don't  fancy drab camo schemes but something like post war RCAF or  RAF could be on the  cards but I will need to source suitable decals. The  RAF one will bethe easiest.

• Like 2