Andretti's 956 LeMans

This is the Andretti’s father and son Porsche 956 at lemans 1983 , they came a solid 3 ,  a lap down . I built this car with the intention off opening a hatch . I had never done that before so I had a go at it with my scriber and it was easier than I thought it would be .

The Build : Usual Tamiya quality and all fitted well . I wish they would add the two pipes which connect the intercoolers to the engine and add an extinguisher and pedals out of the box .

Color : I decided on French blue can but you could argue it should be lighter . On a cloudy day it looks French blue but when the sun is out its much lighter . Both these weather conditions happened that day . I added 5 coats off gloss with the airbrush before fitting the clear acrylics .

Decals : Both tires and body from indycal . The tires were Goodyear this time .

Pedals and extinguisher and trolley: Spot model .

Wires and tubes : connected the 6 cylinders wires to the distributor and the rubber tubes from the oil reservoir  to crank , braided tube to gear box and overflow tube to rear .

Diorama: I purchased a couple of these dioramas for 3 usd each freight included from DIY Cina ,its cardboard and I was pleased with what I got . They have a whole range of garage and background settings . Great addition .

Link to images from the race :https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=AwrgDudm5XthysIAECpXNyoA;_ylu=Y29sbwNncTEEcG9zAzEEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3Nj?p=andretti+956+1983+lemans+pics+images&fr=mcafee

2322 2321

2319 2317

2311 2356 2354 2352

Edited by oldman
  • Like 18

open or closed hatches

I used a Tamiya scriber which comes with a thick blade . If you wish to close the hatch again i recommend you use a thinner blade , this will ensure that it seals correctly around the hinges , Do not apply pressure and just follow the line carefully .

• Like 2