HMS Montrose F236 : Type 23 Frigate (Trumpeter 1/350)

And there we are, finished. 

This was my first modern warship and was a fun build, it is certainly an elegant ship.

I didn't do any 'weathering' except for a bit of 'rust' on the anchor chain, as most of the photos of this ship, show her very clean and almost rust free.

The PE that came with the kit was very delicate, in fact the railings for the radar installations fell to bits as I removed it from the sprue, but luckily I'd already got the PE set from Atlantic Models https://atlanticmodels.net/ and very good it was too.

The paint was predominantly by Colourcoats https://www.sovereignhobbies.co.uk/ with a little bit of Tamiya Acrylics.

I replaced the kit guns and Harpoon Missiles with Resin and PE kits from Veteran Models supplied by Starling Models https://starling-models.co.uk/

Thanks to all of you who followed the WIP and offered advice and help and answered my daft questions.

Maybe see you at the next build ?

I've still not mastered the mysterious art of taking photos, but here are a few.

Jon

p?i=c0bc3d314eb0fc140865d95df237d631

p?i=ff1063f02ae170f980ccb8d109c8775b

p?i=bf7068d36e6bf937e01157191ed097cc

p?i=cc803964da7a2d0fc32f0fe1fc416b40

p?i=3b1670b1a03db5c36358c787d3efddae

p?i=139877c4d961e0578cea8c7d81d10c84

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, S-boat 55 said:

Big question of course is what's next?

MORE ?
You want more already ?

Now, funny you should mention that.......:hmmm:

I’ll give you a clue................it’s pink. :giggle:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Faraway said:

I’ll give you a clue................it’s pink.

Gidday Solderman, I can think of two pink ships, both WW2 - HMS Campbeltown at St Nazaire and HMS Manchester in the Mediterranean. Both ships were painted in 'Mountbatten Pink'. One of these? Regards, Jeff. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Solderman, I can think of two pink ships, both WW2 - HMS Campbeltown at St Nazaire and HMS Manchester in the Mediterranean. Both ships were painted in 'Mountbatten Pink'. One of these? Regards, Jeff. 

Jeff.

:fraidnot:

ATB

Jon

20 minutes ago, robgizlu said:

Very nicely built and etailed Jon.

Makes me want to build Mine

Good job

Rob

Thanks Rob.

It made a nice change from earlier warships, less fussy, if you know what I mean. 
I’ve got a Type 45 Destroyer waiting to have its keel laid, and that looks more like a block of flats, than a warship. Lots of flat plain surfaces.

And I’ve followed your advice and ordered some Styrofoam from 4D, have to say the postage is far from cheap, so I’m sort of committed to making another water base.

Jon

On 30/10/2021 at 07:33, Faraway said:

MORE ?
You want more already ?

Now, funny you should mention that.......:hmmm:

I’ll give you a clue................it’s pink. :giggle:

And the answer is......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adm Lord De Univers said:

Fantastic build, yet again, I think this really benefits from being built clean to show off its gorgeous lines, as - imo - one of the more attractive of the modern ilk.

David

David.

I agree, it’s an elegant ship. Having looked at many photos of the real thing, it was noticeable that the only real rust/weathering was the anchor chain. So......

Which suites me, as I’m not very good at this weathering dark art.

Jon