Buying a Power Bank.... Any Reccomendations?

spruecutter96

I want to buy a small- to medium-sized USB Power Bank. I've looked on E-Bay and the prices seem to vary enormously.  

I would take a guess that the combination of very low-price and huge capacity is a definite warning-sign. I would expect these 'Banks to fail after a few charges.

Does anyone recommend one brand? Any makers to be avoided? 

Thanks, in anticipation of your replies. 

Chris. 

Unfortunately I have found that most available for sale are just generic items from the Far East with random branding.

I have had a few, all from Amazon, which have performed fine - if you look for items sold by Amazon UK then at least you can be relatively assured of their compliance with UK/EU quality laws, moreso than something from eBay and you have easier returns arrangements if they do fail.

10 hours ago, sammy da fish said:

What do you use a power bank for in modelling? I am intrigued.

Sammy

Don't know about the OP but I have some USB plug-in neon lights (sold for lighting up you car interior for some reason) that I am embedding into a diorama base and for display purposes would fit to a power pack since most model shows don't have plug-in power sources available at the tables.

Edited by Tim R-T-C
  • Like 1

The size powerbank you need depends on the function.

If its for powering something like a phone or tablet the usual suspects are fine.

For operating a camera via usb-c you will need one with a higher amp output.

Edited by Tijuana Taxi