Tamiya 1/24 Sierra RS500 "Texaco "

Andy J

6 hours ago, Andy J said:

So today's session started out quite stressful when I realised I couldn't find the clear parts for this kit 🙄. With the recycling bin having been emptied yesterday I went into full panic mode but eventually I found them safe and sound in a cupboard where I put them for safe keeping ....I felt a little relieved when they finally turned up 🙂. So back to the build and today was all about applying the clear coat to the shell and rear spoiler. I'm glad to report that the process went very well and I'm extremely happy with the results. Here's more than a few pic's of the shell sporting its new clear coat 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I've also added the wheels to the chassis and the interior tub to the chassis and though very basic in detail I'm pleased with the overall results. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

The shell needs to be left alone for a couple of days now so that the clear coat can fully cure ready for finishing up and hopefully then i can get this build put together. Not much left to do now so time to start thinking about the next project and making sure I have all the necessary bits and pieces ready to go. Thanks for looking back soon 🙂👍

WOW!!!!

😍 I love your RS...what a beauty 

Marco F 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Marco F. said:

WOW!!!!

😍 I love your RS...what a beauty 

Marco F 

Thanks Marco I'm looking forward to seeing it all fitted together soon 🙂👍

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

it's a restored car......that old chestnut

Yes indeed, that old true chestnut...!! :tease: 🤣

Actually you've given me an idea for my kit with no clear parts - build it on a stand with no glass and say it's in the middle of a restoration....!! :rofl2:

Keith

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Anteater said:

That clear coat is absolutely stunning, incredible work.  

Thanks im very happy with the results so far 🙂👍

Superb looking shell Andy you've raised the bar again with that finish!

One small comment though is the "Eggenburger" decal on the rear centre a bit low the picture you posted above shows it higher up on the number plate location, more on the vertical part of the panel.

Looking forward to the next update now

Stay safe          Roger 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hamden said:

Superb looking shell Andy you've raised the bar again with that finish!

One small comment though is the "Eggenburger" decal on the rear centre a bit low the picture you posted above shows it higher up on the number plate location, more on the vertical part of the panel.

Looking forward to the next update now

Stay safe          Roger 

Hi Roger thanks for the comment much appreciated. You are indeed correct regarding the Eggenberger decal on the rear i didn't notice till after the clear coat had been applied so I'm afraid it's staying put now 🙂👍

• Like 1

So after 3 busy days at work I've finally managed to get back to the RS500 build. I probably could have finished this one tonight but I'm quite tired so I've decided to finish it off tomorrow 🙂. The shell and chassis have been fitted together and I just have a few parts and a small amount of detailing to complete and then I can call this one finished. Here's a couple of pics of today's progress 

spacer.png

spacer.png

I've kept the pic count low but I will show more tomorrow when the build is completed. I'm happy with the progress and think this one will look fine after tomorrow's session. Thanks for looking back soon 🙂👍

• Like 16

3 minutes ago, dbostream said:

Excellent work. I barely have the patience to apply one decal I am very impressed.

Thanks i have all the patience in the world when it comes to building these kits i simply love working on them 🙂👍

• Like 1

Looking really good Andy! Some sort of decal heavy car is defo on my list at one point.

12 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

you'll soon empty the stash at this rate

I personally am not worried about that in the slightest...😋

Nick

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

You'd better slow down mate, as you're not buying any more kits you'll soon empty the stash at this rate....!!! :)

Cracking looking Sierra Andy, good job!

Keith

Thanks Keith I must admit I really do like this one 🙂. As for emptying the stash well I have a funny feeling that will never happen 😉👍

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

Lovely shiny Cossie :coolio: I could do my makeup in that finish :)

(Edit: the phrase "lipstick on a pig" springs to mind :puke: )

Thanks Mike and yes you could cus i do 😆👍

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fnick said:

Looking really good Andy! Some sort of decal heavy car is defo on my list at one point.

I personally am not worried about that in the slightest...😋

Nick

Thanks Nick I'm not worried either 😉👍

• Like 1

Just now, Stef N. said:

It's alright I suppose.....😉

Thanks Stef i can see you've been spending to much time with the tank brigade after that comment 😀 👍

• Haha 2