Revell A320N & A321N kits

HKGBravo1

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the more recent A320N & A321N kits, which have undercarriage, are new tool or simply the previous kits with Neo engines? For instance have the flap track fairing issues been corrected? Also, if it is new tool, how does the Revell A320 Neo stack up against the Zvezda A320 Neo? One last question have Zvezda announced an A321 Neo?

I have an attic half full of Revell's previous A320 and A321's. So, it might be cheaper to find someone supplying Neo engines. Ha! Ha!

Regards,

David

In my experience the Revell Neos have fit problems. One bad area is the join between the lower wing and the fuselage. They are also badly affected by sink marks particularly on the upper wings. Both issues can be fixed but they really shouldn't be present in a newly tooled kit. The older A320/321 CEO is better in this respect.

The Zvezda 320 Neo is their well known A320 with new engines and sharklets. It suffers from the same problem as the original kit - silly gimmicks like dropped flaps and slats which make it more expensive and more difficult to build than it needs to be.

Personally I'd go with Revell. Despite the fit problems their Neos are better detailed and, at least for me, easier to build than Zvezda.

I'm not aware of Zvezda having announced an A321 Neo but I won't be surprised if they do.

PAS Models used to make a resin Neo conversion set comprising engines and sharklets but not surprisingly it seems to have been discontinued. If you come across one (say on eBay) it's a decent product and worth buying if you want to Neo-ise any of your Revell kits.

Dave G

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HKGBravo1 said:

Can anyone tell me if the more recent A320N & A321N kits, which have undercarriage, are new tool or simply the previous kits with Neo engines? For instance have the flap track fairing issues been corrected?

It is always worth a quick look in the 'Reviews' section of this forum. There are a few reviews of the old kit, and a couple of the new kit in the various releases with different decals. Here is the most recent.

Hi,

Thank you Dave, Skodadriver and Viking. I took a look at the Review link Viking, and it answered my flap-track question as well.  Thank you. Also thanks for the heads up on the fit issues. This forum really is great. I did try searching for Revell A320 Neo, it came up with masses of suggestions, but not one actually for a Revell A320 Neo. I put it down to my incompetence, gave up.....and asked you all! I knew someone would know. I have ordered one of each...to start with. The pile in the attic will be getting bigger.

Regards,

David

• Like 2