1/24th Messerschmitt 109.

Another very recent finisher this past week is this. Its a commission build( for the same guy who I built a 24th Spit I for).   Its only the second time I have built one and again not for my collection.  Not a bad kit but because the model is to be displayed in flying mode I had great issues with trying to fix the cover for the gun are that I had to hack away a lot of the detail for the part to fit. The main engine cover was OK. Also the retracting undercarriage works a lot better than the Spit one which was absolutely awful. For a dated kit the result is pleasing. Incidentally the kit is from the recent Classic kits releases from Airfix. And, the decals are much advanced and good quality I also noted that the dials for the IP are also included which I believe were never there on the original issue.

Meanwhile here are some pics........

XvCKav.jpg

jIBmji.jpg

7AU50Q.jpg

gaOgvK.jpg

v7yQeZ.jpg

The tail fin marking is not included among the decals and I managed to get a pair from a club friend. They are not quite right in version but my client isn't bothered being a non modeller. Also It looks to me that AIrfix have not got Wicks 109 markings 100 % according to some images I found in one of my references But hey ho.  

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

• Paul J changed the title to 1/24th Messerschmitt 109.

Excellent job!

I'm sure your client will be really pleased with it.

If I'd had this kit back in the 70's (I actually didn't, but I did have the Mk1 Hurricane) a result like yours would've been well beyond my aspirations.

Thanks all. Its now been delivered to its new home and owner safely.   Have been handed another kit to build. A bit off beat for me but its 1/72. Top Gun F-14.  Not my cup of tea.   However I di enjoy the 109. Was hoping he was going to bring me a Hurricane to go with the Spit and 109.Oh well.