1/144th DC-3 CP AIr

Get your shades ready!  Another build only finished yesterday after about a weeks work on and off and around 2 hours a day.   Minicraft 1/144th DC-3 with Leading Edge decals.  Revell acrylic bright orange paint and AK metal paints used. All airbrushed. The red strip is from the decal sheet which is not included on the 1/72nd version of the decals.  I shortened the engine cowls by around 1.00 to 1.5 mm as  the kit item is too long. I have built several of these kits and noticed the cowl  length but this is the first one where I actually corrected it. Otherwise the kit isn't too bad and looks good enough in this scale.

zLkC0k.jpg

i6aUQV.jpg

iPXoDy.jpg

9LhnT6.jpg

jHprFL.jpg

nLpOUW.jpg

Z0y2fV.jpg

I now have 5 Daks ( one of which is the Roden kit in BIA colours that I showed here recently) in this scale and another has just been added to my bench and a start made but this next one is the Roden kit( rom the A-47 version) but not sure which scheme to do yet but it will be another civvy Dak. Also have a DC-2 from the CMR resin kit.What I will do over the next coupledays is take pics of all of them and post here in RFI.

PS: I have also got a 1/72nd Airfix one on the bench too on the go. My decal choices for it are LEM RCAF C-47 , Thunderbird Decals for a civvy Canadian one as a Worldwide Airways Dak but I have done one in 1/144th using the original Whiskey Jack decals. Or I can do the CP Air one again but to 1/72 or a Silver City one using a set of very original decals from the first 1950s/60s Airfix kit.  Hmmmm...........

• Like 29

• Paul J changed the title to 1/144th DC-3 CP AIr
8 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

Beautiful job but to ruin your DC-3 fleet how about a DC-8 to keep her company...

Nice thought. But I have seen a pic of the DC-3 sitting in front of a 747-200. Now that would be fun, but finding the right kit and decals preclude that as does my limited space.  

Incidentally, the DC-3 was the only piston prop in the CP Air fleet at the time and in regular use.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...