Almost a "what if?" - Hobbyboss Ta152C-11 in 1/48

That is shaping up very nicely indeed.  The painted markings are especially effective.

On the feathered edges; it looks right to me, like as not you’re closer to scale realism than a visibly feathered edge in 48th scale.  We modellers tend to what we like rather than what’s accurate sometimes…. I reckon you’ve nailed it there.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mark.au said:

That is shaping up very nicely indeed.  The painted markings are especially effective.

On the feathered edges; it looks right to me, like as not you’re closer to scale realism than a visibly feathered edge in 48th scale.  We modellers tend to what we like rather than what’s accurate sometimes…. I reckon you’ve nailed it there.

Thanks Mark; I decided that it was fine as it was (partly due to the reason you gave and partly due to not wanting to paint it again!) and went ahead.  I'm glad I did because I think the results look pretty fair.

7 minutes ago, Kais said:

Jackroadkill,

Could decal number 25 be the stencil that goes under the right side of the cockpit about level with the canopy crank handle axis.

Nice work on the tank.

Thanks Kais, I'll check that possibility out.  For some reason there's no mention of it on HB's scheme, which is pretty darned helpful!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kais said:

Could decal number 25 be the stencil that goes under the right side of the cockpit about level with the canopy crank handle axis.

19 minutes ago, jackroadkill said:

I'll check that possibility out. 

You were absolutely correct, Kais, so thanks very much. I've added the stencil to the model and hope to start the weathering later today.

1 minute ago, Kais said:

Jackroadkill,

Happy to have helped.

Who said having an unhealthy obsession about 190 minutiae was a bad thing!

Now I know of this obsession I might have to ask you interminable questions about the aircraft when they occur to me in the middle of the night....

The end is well and truly in sight now; I've added some very basic weathering (enough to suggest a few flights and light combat), smeared a bit of muck around the airframe and am waiting for it all to dry in time for the matt coat.  Obvioulsy there are still the aerials etc to fit but they'll be done immediately prior to RFI'ing the job.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers,

JRK

• Like 4

Okay, she's done:

spacer.png

RFI to follow.  Thanks very much to everyone who has offered advice, commented on or read through the thread, it's very much appreciated.

Cheers,

JRK

• Like 2