Hasegawa 1/24 Lancia Delta Intergrale

So my first finished build in the new cave and a thoroughly enjoyable one. Originally I had planned to build the Blu Lagos version but a mix up with the paint colour meant that i ended up with a normal version which I'm quite happy with. The shell was twisted when I opened the box and one of the A pillars was bent but a bit of fettling straightened out the issues and i don't think those problems show through to much in the finished build. Here's a few pic's of the finished build 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

So that's it I'm up and running and it's time to start preparing for the next one. Thanks for looking back soon 🙂👍

• Like 23

5 minutes ago, Toftdale said:

I think the colour really suits the Delta, great build, may it be the first of many in your new Cave - Andy 

Thanks Andy I must admit the colour has grown on me as the build progressed and rest assured I plan to build many, many more kits in the future 👍 

39 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Thanks Andy I must admit the colour has grown on me as the build progressed and rest assured I plan to build many, many more kits in the future 👍 

Do you think you have enough to build Andy? 

The Delta looks good, a nice first build to get started again. Do you have extra room for display now as well?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

Do you think you have enough to build Andy? 

The Delta looks good, a nice first build to get started again. Do you have extra room for display now as well?

I doubt I'll ever have enough to build Jeroen but I'm ok for the time being 😉. I have plenty of room to display my finished work but atm I'm to busy building kits so the shelves will have to wait 🙂👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marco F. said:

Hi Andy 

A real fine result of the 1st built in the new cave 

Congratulations 

Marco F 

Thanks Marco the first of many 😉👍

That's turned out really well, the colour is great and the wheels look good.  I think it's only the slightly chunky windscreen wipers that mark this out as a model rather than a real car in a photographic studio.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, johnlambert said:

That's turned out really well, the colour is great and the wheels look good.  I think it's only the slightly chunky windscreen wipers that mark this out as a model rather than a real car in a photographic studio.

Thanks John and your right those wipers are a little "overweight " shall we say 🙂👍

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Marco F. said:

I know Andy 🤗 and I'm looking forward to see the upcoming builts 

Marco F 

Well you won't have to wait long Marco new wip starting tomorrow 👍

• Like 1

Turned out really well Andy, cracking job again! And I agree the colour now looks great and does suit the car - and makes a nice change from the usual red or yellow Delta 'stradales'...!! 

Windscreen wipers are a pain in 1/24 aren't they - kit ones usually look too bulky and p.e. replacements too flimsy.....!! 

Very cool build! 👍 

Keith

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Turned out really well Andy, cracking job again! And I agree the colour now looks great and does suit the car - and makes a nice change from the usual red or yellow Delta 'stradales'...!! 

Windscreen wipers are a pain in 1/24 aren't they - kit ones usually look too bulky and p.e. replacements too flimsy.....!! 

Very cool build! 👍 

Keith

Thanks Keith much appreciated 👍

9 minutes ago, Windy37 said:

Great result , Andy . Those wheels look ace ! Saw a real one at a show recently and was struck at how small a car they actually are . One of the all time greats . 
 Gary . 

Thanks Gary and I agree one of my favourites for sure 👍. I have another five or six rally versions in the stash so I'll throw one in the schedule every now and again as I never get tired of building a Delta 🙂👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stef N. said:

Really great way to christen the new man cave. Agree completely with the others about the blue, it works very well. Nice finish on a great model.👍

Thanks Stef it's quite amazing what a difference the clear coat made to the final colour. And now it's time to start the next one 👍 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

I look forward to what you have planned. Decal-tastic or plain?

Iconic with plenty of decals mate i will post a wip later today 🙂👍

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Very cool build! 👍 

Keith

Hello Keith 

Concerning the wipers,  at first I totally agree with you. 

Second I found a replacement made out of whitemetal and I think they are looking good. Take a look at scaleproduction 

https://www.scaleproduction.de/product_info.php?info=p2473_2-scheibenwischer.html

Marco F 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

You've done a cracking job on the Delta Andy, looks absolutely stunning in the lovely blue.  I do love the look of these,  they're a beast of a car.

Great work fella 

Chris

Definitely one of my favourite cars Chris and I have quite a few more rally versions to build in the future 😉👍

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Marco F. said:

and I think they are looking good.

Yes Marco, I agree, they do look good. I've bought a fair amount of Scaleproduction bits, but always from Spotmodel. Unfortunately they don't have the wipers in stock, so maybe I'll have to order from Scale Production directly soon! 

Keith