F-86D Sabre Dog

Good day,

Here is my sixth completed kit for 2021.  I chose this Hasegawa F-86D as I had a small window of time to complete a model.  I chose a subject that was simple to construct and required few colors.  Here are the highlights……………

1. Paint

A. AK Interactive Extreme Matt Aluminum ( airframe ), White Aluminum ( center section of wings), & Steel ( exhaust section )

B. Mission Models Dark Gull Gray ( cockpit ), Tire Black

C.Model Master Chevy Red ( seat cushions ), flat black, and white  

D. Tamiya Titanium Silver X-32 ( gear wells ), Chrome Silver X-11 ( landing gear oleos ), and Flat Aluminum XF-16 ( landing gear ), Deep Green XF-26 ( anti-glare panel ), Clear Red & Clear Green ( wing ID lights )

2. Vallejo washes : Black, light gray, light rust, and brown

3. Chalk pastels : Black & dark gray

4. Painted Tamiya tape for the seat belts and permanent marker for the belt loop holes. 

I enjoyed this longstanding kit from Hasegawa.  It has very good surface detail and I added some minor extras in the cockpit to help dress it up.  I used the kit supplied decals for the Japanese Self Defense Force.  Up to four squadron options are provided.  I recommend this kit for all skill levels. 

Thank you in advance!!!!!!

Mike

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 36

Very nice work. I'm especially impressed with the effectiveness of your canopy masking because, as I recall from building one of these, the demarcation between clear and canopy frame is a bit hard to distinguish. Now I want to build a 1/48 F-86D!

• Thanks 1