Hasegawa newsletters 2022 - 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11 & 12

Homebee

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Regarding the F-15EX as the example shown does not show the outer wing pylons do not be surprised if they are not in the kit, also no mention of them in the description.

Are there any pictures of the pylons ?

Regards

Robert

spacer.png

spacer.png

https://twitter.com/TheDeadDistrict/status/1404687968279928834

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Robert said:

Regarding the F-15EX as the example shown does not show the outer wing pylons do not be surprised if they are not in the kit, also no mention of them in the description.

Regards

Robert

While the box top photo does not show the outer pylons, the following description was machine translated from 1999.co.jp as quoted above by @CharlieGolf2009

"--The kit comes with two AIM-9 Sidewinder short-range air-to-air missiles and two AIM-120 AMRAM medium-range air-to-air missiles installed on the underside of the left and right main wings."

Is that describing the addition of the outer pylons (my guess would be in resin) or is that describing the missile rails on the standard underwing pylons?

I think that it could go either way. I would hope that it is the inclusion the new pylons, but would not hold my breath or be surprised if it did not.

Cheers, Hoops

• Sad 1

• Homebee changed the title to Hasegawa newsletters 2022 - 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07 & 08

Well at least the CMV-22B will be of interest ! 1/72 RAAF Hornet and A-10 decals are welcome but am not a fan of Hasegawa decals as the white goes yellow after a while...

Translation of Japanese language description (as performed by google) of the CMV-22B kit:

The kit adds resin & etching parts, Reproduce the features of this unit. Resin parts Fuselage left and right sponson extension bulge Etched parts Towel bar type antenna Decal (marking) 50th Fleet Support Multitasking Squadron Affiliated Aircraft "9447" (2022) 30th Fleet Support Multitasking Squadron Affiliated Aircraft "9441"

spacer.png

Edited by Uncle Dick
  • Like 1

On 01/03/2022 at 20:15, Ad-4N said:

Man, ain't that a fact 1/48 A-4Bs going for $150 USD on ebay and they give us tables and chairs for dolls?  I don't even know what they are for.  Who runs Hasegawa anymore?  What happened to the days of Aardvarks and Skywarriors?  

It's about time they re released the A4 B/C

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wellsprop said:

I guess we'll still have to get either the Hasegawa E with a conversion, or find the Hobbycraft kits. Either way, the early Skyhawk field is wide open (I even commented on Kinetic's Facebook about it and they liked my comment).

1 hour ago, wellsprop said:

they give us tables and chairs for dolls? 

Anime and anime figures are popular in Japan (shocking, isn't it?). They're catering to the home market. 

• Like 1

It would be great to see the early A-4’s get another run. It’s good to see the Crusader getting re released. I’ll definitely be getting one of those. 

James

• Like 2

On 6/3/2022 at 8:13 AM, franky boy said:

It would be great to see the early A-4’s get another run. It’s good to see the Crusader getting re released. I’ll definitely be getting one of those. 

James

Be aware that the Crusader variable incidence wing, leading edge and I think landing flaps were all mechanically linked, so to show only the wing raised is incorrect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/3/2022 at 7:38 AM, wellsprop said:

On 6/3/2022 at 5:13 PM, franky boy said:

James

The A-4C was easily obtainable less than 18 months ago, especially in Asia.  The A-4E/F seems to have been out of production longer than that.  IIRC even before Eduard reboxed it a few years ago.

• Like 2

On 6/9/2022 at 5:01 AM, Calum said:

The A-4C was easily obtainable less than 18 months ago, especially in Asia. 

Easily  I am not so sure.. it definitely did not make it in numbers to Europe.

:(

• Homebee changed the title to Hasegawa newsletters 2022 - 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08 & 09
On 6/11/2022 at 11:38 PM, exdraken said:

Easily  I am not so sure.. it definitely did not make it in numbers to Europe.

:(

I'm in Australia but typically buy direct from Asia so as not to rely on local supply issue.  it was plentiful direct from Japan (and HK)  for a very reasonable price

• Thanks 1

On 08/07/2022 at 23:54, Robert said:

Well the F-15EX does not come with the outer wing pylons https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10874042 

Regards

Robert

Saw that too, it's a shame. It's practically a rebox of the F-15SG.

I guess we'll have to wait for other model kit manufacturers to release an accurate Eagle II in 1/72, perhaps GWH or Academy.

• Homebee changed the title to Hasegawa newsletters 2022 - 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09 & 10
Just now, franky boy said:

I see the A-4M is getting another round. As said before I wish they would re release B/C versions. 

James 

They re-released the C last year and it sold out fast.

• Like 1