Italeri AV-8B "Night Attack" 1:72

Hello all!

It’s taken me long enough but I wanted to share my latest—this is my fourth model since picking the hobby back up last year.

p?i=f123b6c219df577d6f192a139a5081d2

This is the Italeri AV-8B “Night Attack” Harrier. It’s a raised panel line kit so I decided to use it to try out rescribing—I have an old tooling Vulcan which I want to tackle next and I thought it would be prudent to try my hand at scribing as there will be whole lot of that required! I did my best to rescribe all the panel lines on the kit, which took me the best part of three months.. Good practice though and hopefully in future it won’t be as time consuming.

It was intended to be a throwaway kit for scribing practice but it ended up not looking totally awful so I kept going and finished it. Many mistakes were made, as usual (most notable is the port forward nozzle which I painted in the opposite camouflage colours, doh!) but I’m sure you’ll be able to spot many more. It’s pretty much OOB but I did need to source some replacement resin nozzles as the kit I bought was missing these—the ones I found were strangely large but I think I managed to sand them down enough that the result isn’t dreadful. I also managed to lose the refuelling probe to the carpet monster and had to fashion a (much more basic) replacement from some sprue.

I also tried some fancy photography on this one with a very basic setup but the photos are a bit too moody for my liking, I’ll likely have to try and source some brighter lights next time!

Overall it’s been a great learning experience and I’m feeling a bit more confident for the next build. Any feedback (brutal or not) is welcome :)

shA8V5J.jpg

8CCmYRf.jpg

gPVHXQz.jpg

zpIgfYw.jpg

d4NjiaO.jpg

To1K3Xy.jpg

1ol39kt.jpg

y0GGRV7.jpg

• Like 27

Many thanks for the kind words.

@Jackman @Vultures1 Cheers :) It was definitely originally intended to be a sacrificial kit for training purposes but I decided to see it through. Looking forward to doing a nice Tamiya kit with proper details next..

@Farmerboy You're absolutely right, the pilot really could have done with a booster seat!! Only noticed when the canopy was all closed up. I would blame the kit's fit but it's really just that I didn't pay attention! Onwards and upwards..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...