50 shade of grey, or my new MALTA Airfix Spitfire Mk Vc, 249 Squ,

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Alain!

I'm sorry to reply with such a delay to this topic  but I discovered it just few minutes ago.

Many compliments for you model first of all. Then I would like to ask you:

1) what references did you use to build your Spitfire as BR377 coded "T°K"?

2) How did you understand that the code letters were medium grey instead of white?

It's a couple of months I've started to look for pictures of that airplane and I didn't find any till now. 

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards.

CARLO 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, barone12 said:

Hello Alain!

I'm sorry to reply with such a delay to this topic  but I discovered it just few minutes ago.

Many compliments for you model first of all. Then I would like to ask you:

1) what references did you use to build your Spitfire as BR377 coded "T°K"?

2) How did you understand that the code letters were medium grey instead of white?

It's a couple of months I've started to look for pictures of that airplane and I didn't find any till now. 

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards.

CARLO 

Thank you Carlo, sorry for the late answer, but I was buisy to respond you, and suddenly, no more acces to Britmodeller.

And my answer was lost.

Well  I use 3 books and the decal sheet of DK decals.

First, "Malta Spitfire Aces from Steve Nichols Osprey Aircraft of the Acex, 83

2. Malta Spitfire Vs - 1942, Their Colours and Markings from Brian Cauchi MMP Books

and last but not least, "Colour Conundrum" Compendium N° 1 From Paul Lucas Scale Aircraft Modelling.

For the colour of the letter, I'll try to find a picture of aircraft of the same period , somme time it is (in french) supputation.

Best regard.

Alain

PS : I had already post a lot of Malta Spitfire, I had made 166 of them, my next one will be tomorow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, georgeusa said:

You are a machine.  Again, the Malta scheme is so appealing.  Thanks for sharing.

Thank you very much.

I finish 2 models a week.

My brand new Malta Spitfire is for tomorow PM (european continental time).

Alain

23 hours ago, MACALAIN said:

Thank you Carlo, sorry for the late answer, but I was buisy to respond you, and suddenly, no more acces to Britmodeller.

And my answer was lost.

Well  I use 3 books and the decal sheet of DK decals.

First, "Malta Spitfire Aces from Steve Nichols Osprey Aircraft of the Acex, 83

2. Malta Spitfire Vs - 1942, Their Colours and Markings from Brian Cauchi MMP Books

and last but not least, "Colour Conundrum" Compendium N° 1 From Paul Lucas Scale Aircraft Modelling.

For the colour of the letter, I'll try to find a picture of aircraft of the same period , somme time it is (in french) supputation.

Best regard.

Alain

PS : I had already post a lot of Malta Spitfire, I had made 166 of them, my next one will be tomorow.

Hello Alain!

Thank you very much for your kind reply and don't mind about your supposed late writing: you're always on time!

About the three references you mentioned above let me say that I have the first one and the third one. But I've never seen before the book from "MMP Books": does it include a picture of "my beloved" BR377 - coded T°K - from 249 Squadron as it was on the 2nd of July 1942 when it was force-landed after a dog-fight with Royal Italian Air Force Macchi C.202?

I'm asking this because inside the "Malta Spitfire Aces" book there is a colour profile of a Spitfire Mk.Vc coded T°K form 249 Squadron (page 42 - profile 26), but it has the serial BP869 and the white code letters. So this one is not the aircraft I would like to reproduce. Could you please help me with a picture or appropriate profile of BR377?

Thanks a lot once again.

Best regards!

CARLO

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, barone12 said:

Hello Alain!

Thank you very much for your kind reply and don't mind about your supposed late writing: you're always on time!

About the three references you mentioned above let me say that I have the first one and the third one. But I've never seen before the book from "MMP Books": does it include a picture of "my beloved" BR377 - coded T°K - from 249 Squadron as it was on the 2nd of July 1942 when it was force-landed after a dog-fight with Royal Italian Air Force Macchi C.202?

I'm asking this because insOperatio,ide the "Malta Spitfire Aces" book there is a colour profile of a Spitfire Mk.Vc coded T°K form 249 Squadron (page 42 - profile 26), but it has the serial BP869 and the white code letters. So this one is not the aircraft I would like to reproduce. Could you please help me with a picture or appropriate profile of BR377?

Thanks a lot once again.

Best regards!

CARLO

Well Carlo, sorry, there are no picture nor profile of the BR377, Just a listing with operation, serial Nr, type of Spitfire Carrier , code and end of the planes.

According the Cauchu's book, BR377 was a Spitfire Mk Vc from operation Style, HMS Eagle  03/06/42  code first C-41, used by 126 Sq than T-K , 249 Sq and shot down  12/10 by a Bf 109.

Alain

On 18/10/2022 at 17:56, MACALAIN said:

Well Carlo, sorry, there are no picture nor profile of the BR377, Just a listing with operation, serial Nr, type of Spitfire Carrier , code and end of the planes.

According the Cauchu's book, BR377 was a Spitfire Mk Vc from operation Style, HMS Eagle  03/06/42  code first C-41, used by 126 Sq than T-K , 249 Sq and shot down  12/10 by a Bf 109.

Alain

Hello Alain!

Thank you very much for your reply.

It's a pity there aren't pilcture nor profile to better explain the look of BR377.

Anyway, you gave me very useful news about this Spitfire's career. So thank you once again!

Best regards.

CARLO

• Like 1

14 hours ago, barone12 said:

Hello Alain!

Thank you very much for your reply.

It's a pity there aren't pilcture nor profile to better explain the look of BR377.

Anyway, you gave me very useful news about this Spitfire's career. So thank you once again!

Best regards.

CARLO

Welcome.

Alain