Dune

sardaukar

Not that sure why they bothered doing an injection-moulded Spice Harvester. To my eye, it looks like a shoe-box, with added tracks. Definitely the worst bit of design, in a movie filled with some stunning, innovative space-ships and vehicles. 

More an afterthought, than a fully thought-out device? 

Just my personal opinion, of course. 

Cheers.

Chris. 

They are reasonably priced, just ordered all three on ebay for £42. The ornithopters are 173mm span by 90mm long approximately and the harvester is 100mm long x 65mm wide x 27mm high. Expected delivery 6th dec- 6th jan.

Nice size for dioramas, possibly.

all the best Chris

• Like 1

On 10/9/2023 at 10:11 AM, spruecutter96 said:

Not that sure why they bothered doing an injection-moulded Spice Harvester. To my eye, it looks like a shoe-box, with added tracks. Definitely the worst bit of design, in a movie filled with some stunning, innovative space-ships and vehicles. 

More an afterthought, than a fully thought-out device? 

Just my personal opinion, of course. 

Cheers.

Chris. 

Heya, Chris,

Absolutely agree --- the DV Dune Spice Harvester was pretty basic and underwhelming and to me, not on par with the other designs of the film, which were great. Even the weird, balloon-like Harkonnen Harvester was a more interesting and unique and-Dune-like design...would have rather seen that beast kitted first...

Again, just my opinion... 

I'll likely buy all three kits anyway to support the cause and hope that we see other subjects from the film show up as future releases as well. Maybe we'll see the Atreides Frigate, the older model 'thopter Paul and Jessica flee in, the cool fighter that Duncan Idaho flies up in, the Imperial Herald's orb ship and others (gotta pull out my Art of Dune book and re-watch the film again) if these sell well.

No doubt, Part II will feature new hardware and ships as well!

And thanks, Chris (Whitestar12), for confirming the price point and release ETA!!

With Regards Aloha, 

Johnny B.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2023 at 16:01, whitestar12chris said:

They are reasonably priced, just ordered all three on ebay for £42. The ornithopters are 173mm span by 90mm long approximately and the harvester is 100mm long x 65mm wide x 27mm high. Expected delivery 6th dec- 6th jan.

Nice size for dioramas, possibly.

all the best Chris

...yesterday i pre-ordered the 2 Ornithopters as well. With 10 cm the Spice Harvester is way too small for my personal taste.

I wonder about the pictures of Ornithopters: Could it be that the "windows" are black instead of clear.....?

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a video showing the parts and construction of all three models: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xpSGjZBNnA

They all look nice, and even come with waterslide decals. Although given how much detail they can achieve, it's bit disappointing that the cockpit window frames are done with decals rather than molded-in detail. I think I'll be picking all three up when they become available.

The Bandai-style stands are interesting - I wonder if Bandai had some involvement in these kits at some point?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

...Just in case you have not followed the discussion in the "Dune Atreides and Harkonnen ornithopters" Thread:

Chris found out that Meng will release a 1/72 scale version of the Atreides Ornithopter!

Meng Article Number DS-007

Not listed on scalemates.com yet

First offers are on Ebay from chinese sellers, estimated around 04/2024. Price around 70€.

Wingspan Length around 30 cm

Wingspan around 70 cm

Edited by Reelyator
Corrected Wingspan and Lenght Information as confirmed by Electric Indigo below.
  • Like 3

On 15/03/2024 at 23:09, Electric Indigo said:

Here we go. Length 318 mm with 720 mm wingspan, 4 figures in the cockpit, two sets of landing gear (parked/flight) & display stand.

...wow😮

I mixed up Length with Wingspan in my post above. But you are right, 72 cm wingspan. That is huge.

I hope a Harkonen Ornithopter will follow. Plus the fat Bumblebee-Thing that was shortly seen in Part II...

Edited by Reelyator
typos

• 2 weeks later...