Tamiya 1/24 Porsche 911 Le Mans

Built oob, finished with Tamiya LP paints and automotive body shop clear coat lacquer.

Tamaiya  decals went down fine so long as you use quite hot water,I use a shallow metal dish on top of a drinks warmer with three adjustable settings purchased off the web

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 21

I remember seeing one of these on the Porsche stand at the Motor Show some time ago.
So far back that I think it was still at Earl's Court, though memory fails me more and more these days... :(

Beautiful finish.

Cheers,

Alan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vesa Jussila said:

Good work with decals. I need to look what is state of decals in my kit I hope to get it finished in next month. i will use your advice with decals.

Soak them in very hot water, slide onto model and position quickley, push most of the water out caught under them, only then apply micro sol in areas you want it to conform too, then walk away for 5-10mins avoiding the urge to play around with them as they wrinkle up and become very delicate to movement.They wrinkle quite bad but do tighten up and level out very well if left alone, you can apply more sol to areas that need more encouragement but again don't be tempted to force it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/26/2021 at 1:07 PM, nickfingers said:

lovely looking Porche

Just make sure the dish you use on the drinks warmer is perfectly flat otherwise it wont warm up:(

You mean like this 😉

Biggest problem I get is evaporation with this set up, that little beverage warmer works a little to well if you hit the 167'F

spacer.png

• Like 1

Great build!

:clap2:

I agree with you about warm/hot water for decals.

We have an electric kettle at home which can be set at increments between 75 and 100 degrees C.

I often use 70 or 80 degree water which acts pretty fast on getting decals to move off the paper in a smooth way.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...