1/32nd P-47D "Little Bunny"

Subject is a very dirty and weathered P-47, based in Italy late in the war.   She was originally flown by the Brazilians and then transferred back to the USAAC.   At that point, her OD paint was heavily faded and had multiple touch-ups of varying shades of OD.   Fresh OD was used to overpaint the Brazilian insignia and markings.   

Here's a nice shot of her in action:

tOEjcKw.jpg

And another that shows the upper wing surfaces in more detail.

dazHQZ3.jpg

The kit is the oldish Hasegawa one.   Still nicely detailed and quite easy to build.   I added the MDC cockpit set (simply amazing and priced very reasonably), Quickboost resin R2800 engine to replace the someone clunky kit engine, Barracuda's fantastic resin wheels and EagleCal decals.   I also added multiple hydraulic / electrical lines in the wheel bays, brake lines on the landing gear.   For ordinance I used Brassin 1,000 lb bombs and a 75 gal drop tank from the Tamiya P-51 kit. 

The cockpit.  I figured the cockpit would be a beaten up and weathered as the exterior:

x48PI00.jpg

VwXGVk2.jpg

The Quickboost engine.   Nothing is visible aft of the first row of cylinders so I didn't spend much time painting that area.

dHHHTnI.jpg

The wheelwells are typically the dirtiest part of any aircraft.  

Gx1hcJx.jpg

rFfoL11.jpg

Also added the canopy jettison hardware.   You don't see this replicated on too may P-47 builds.

db6feZX.jpg

And some "glamour" shots:

PtLNfpv.jpg

Can't forget the arming wires for the bombs!

GH13itu.jpg

Z1aGRGk.jpg

I4VGRfh.jpg

70btuws.jpg

bxaXlyu.jpg

One noticeable bit of weathering on all Jugs was the scorched area inside the inner landing gear door from being in close proximity to the exhaust.  

jtbcAN6.jpg

1NlCr6A.jpg

G7BufAa.jpg

Thanks for looking!

John

Edited by 11bravo
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 2