Rediscovery

dzoikz

I am particularly fond that this forum exists, if for no other reason that I learned to plastic modeling when I was living at RAF Mildenhall when my father was stationed there in the early 1980's. So I've always thought that the Brits did it best. But I really have not done any since I left for college. Obviously I've rediscovered it, hence I'm here. I've always liked working in 1/48th scale, it allows detail I think... My father was a special forces aviator. He flew the MC-130 for his entire 23 year career. He was and is my hero and he's cultivated an interest for unusual aircraft. 

• Like 1

On 10/24/2021 at 9:31 PM, dzoikz said:

He flew the MC-130 for his entire 23 year career. He was and is my hero and he's cultivated an interest for unusual aircraft. 

That all sounds good to me :). Welcome aboard!

Martin

Welcome aboard.  Used to come to the early 80s Mildenhall Airfetes as a kid with my mum & dad.  Used to love the visits & still head up there from time to time and sit in Johns Field watching what ever is flying.  Saw an MC-130 out of the Hall over Bury yesterday, then a KC-135.  The years may have moved on but somethings haven’t yet changed.  I build 1/48 jets of that era - sometimes think I am trying to recreate an Airfete line up, with jets from Alconbury, Bentwaters, Wattisham, Wittering, Lakenheath & more.  Looking forward to seeing your work