1/48 Curtiss-Wright AT-9 Jeep, Dora Wings

Fuad

8 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

Lovely job! Incidentally, the 'Lubbock' attribution is incorrect; the 'M'-coded Jeeps were assigned to Maxwell AAF in Eastern FTC. Lubbock was a Central FTC field, whose aircraft did not wear a letter code.

Unfortunately, I did not have this information and used the one that I found in the box.

• Like 1

Oh WOW !! What a great model of this unusual aircraft !

I'm building the same model, and in the same livery and if it comes out anywhere as good as yours, I'll be pretty pleased.

Wish you'd do a "work in progress" for your models, @Fuad.

Rog

• Like 1

On 10/25/2021 at 12:16 AM, Sabrejet said:

Lovely job! Incidentally, the 'Lubbock' attribution is incorrect; the 'M'-coded Jeeps were assigned to Maxwell AAF in Eastern FTC. Lubbock was a Central FTC field, whose aircraft did not wear a letter code.

We took information from the book.

AT-9.jpg 

AT-9-1.jpg

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dora said:

We took information from the book.

Eugen: I hope you don't mind the mild criticism. It was aimed at avoiding an erroneous attribution for what is a lovely model of your very fine kit!  I have Hagedorn's book and have done some minor research into the type, based on the records I have of a USAAF airman. There is at least one photo showing an 'M'-coded Jeep with the Eastern FTC badge carried on the fuselage; this precludes its used by Lubbock.

Incidentally there is a very useful website (which I cannot currently locate!) which details USAAF training codes; I think this also lists 'M' as Maxwell. I suspect the 'Lubbock' attribution is taken from a photo of a Maxwell-based AT-9 seen at Lubbock rather than being based there.

• Thanks 1

On 26/10/2021 at 00:06, Sabrejet said:

Eugen: I hope you don't mind the mild criticism. It was aimed at avoiding an erroneous attribution for what is a lovely model of your very fine kit!  I have Hagedorn's book and have done some minor research into the type, based on the records I have of a USAAF airman. There is at least one photo showing an 'M'-coded Jeep with the Eastern FTC badge carried on the fuselage; this precludes its used by Lubbock.

Incidentally there is a very useful website (which I cannot currently locate!) which details USAAF training codes; I think this also lists 'M' as Maxwell. I suspect the 'Lubbock' attribution is taken from a photo of a Maxwell-based AT-9 seen at Lubbock rather than being based there.

If I read the text correctly in the book it says it gained these colors at Altus a.b. so It wouldn’t be having these at Lubbock!

But English isn’t my native tongue so I can be incorrect...

Nevertheless this is a fine looking build, well done Fuad👍
I like the metal finish.

Which paints did you use for the metallic look?

cheers, Jan