13 hours ago, Dmitriy1967 said:

How are these coiled ropes lying on the deck fixed on real ships? They can't just lie there, they'll be blown away by the wind and washed away by the wave.

Gidday, AFAIK those coils of rope on the decks are simply the unused ends of the mooring lines while in harbour. Coiling them like that (we called it 'cheesing') makes them look neat. But at sea the lines were either stowed below, secured between bollards or on reels. They wouldn't last long on deck like that in any sort of seaway. HTH.

Steve, that's a beautiful and detailed model, very well done. Regards, Jeff.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ejboyd5 said:

Holy $%#&! What an impressive level of detail

Thanks, crew on shore-leave until the RFI post 👍

16 hours ago, jackroadkill said:

What an inspirational build

That's exactly what this is about Jack, inspiring people to leave kits (and plastic) behind and go back to old-school modelling.  OK, with some help these days from 3D printers before anyone points out how much I cheat these days :wink:

11 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Steve, that's a beautiful and detailed model, very well done.

Cheers Jeff, appreciate the clarification on the rope coils.  In my defence (I do like a well coiled rope) as it will be mounted on pillars, no one can say whether its underway or in harbour...:wink:

1 hour ago, Paul Bradley said:

Superb model, Steve - well done, sir!

Thanks Paul, I bumble along for my own amusement and the challenge, rewarding to see my efforts are appreciated by this community 👍

• Like 2

Bravo Steve, I have followed the conception of your baby from the beginning, as have others for the past 2 years, an exceptional work of fabrication.

It is very pleasant to follow from A to Z this assembly, it is very well explained and thus educational for us all.

I look forward to following the next season/project. 

• Thanks 1

Well I've just read this entire thread and well, you sir are a very talented chap. Fascinating to follow the build and the  history of the boat. Have you ever considered publishing a book on modeling this subject. I think it would be a damn good read

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Iceman 29 said:

it is very well explained and thus educational for us all.

Thanks Pascal, that was my hope to help others in this branch of marine modelling.  I'm in awe of your CAD work btw

11 hours ago, Courageous said:

Looking forward to your RFI and your next build.

Thanks Stuart, I think you will approve, it will be a British Power Boat MGB, modelled before they added torpedo tubes.  The drawings are well underway, thread should start next week

10 hours ago, NIK122 said:

Have you ever considered publishing a book on modeling this subject

:hmmm:

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Your build is a great help as my 1/72nd Vosper is going very slowly... Originally I worked out the bridge in 'Sketchup' which allowed me to cut the bits. Those drawings are long gone, and, as I discovered not in scale...I would love to be working in a larger scale but I wanted to have a Vosper in scale with the other 1/72nd coastal craft I have - all from kits. This build is brilliant!

• Thanks 1

On 01/11/2022 at 12:40, seadog said:

I would love to be working in a larger scale but I wanted to have a Vosper in scale with the other 1/72nd coastal craft I have

Thanks for the nice comment and sorry I missed your update, it seems the forum doesn't alert me to comments.

I really only work in 1:48th scale, it's what I know and am used to what I can get away with.

However, if I can help in any way with your build, please reach out.  I'd be happy to rescale my drawings to 1:72nd for the bridge if you wish, just message me.  I could easily do a 3D model for printing for instance, being retired, I have the time

Cheers

Steve