Sea Vixen FAW.1 XJ481

We are here at last, and what a fantastic journey, ending up with a truly splendid model. Can't tell you how much I have enjoyed watching the WIP and admiring your tremendous range of skills.

Well done Tony and thank you!

Terry

PS. Looking forward to watching XN708 come together!

• Thanks 1

I knew she was good, I have watched and revelled in every little baby step but wow!

When photographed for display I am blown away again.

As Keith puts it succinctly:

2 hours ago, keefr22 said:

THE most accurate 1/72 Sea Vixen - ever!

Thanks for the ride, thanks for all the lessons along the way.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cmatthewbacon said:

Have you thought about licensing the CAD files to Airfix? It would be a helluva jump start for an accurate injection moulded 1/72 Sea Vixen...

best,

M.

They have probably been watching this build with fear, "Now we shall have no excuses left!"

• Haha 3

Outstanding project all round Tony,probably the way many will choose to take the hobby in years to come,with the prospect of

being able to reproduce accurately any aircraft you choose I'm very impressed and jealous!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Superb model, Tony :worthy:  :worthy:  loving the stand and pose too :clap: :clap:

It was a deeply enjoyable ride altogether, with memorable 3d sketching, skilful scratch building, vacforming and PE home brewing.

Totally worth it!

Ciao

• Thanks 1

It's been a wild ride from Catapult one to the landing approach, and now you've hit the three wire!

She looks fabulous and you are entitled to be very proud of this unique build.

I'll wager @Ex-FAAWAFU 's old Seaboots there isn't another one on the planet.*

*(Who doesn't love the smell of salty leather in the morning?) (Did I say that out loud?)

• Haha 8

Although my previous comment on this RFI was rather “laddish”, seriously I do think that this (and Hendie’s Wapiti and lots of other people on BM) marks a change in how people look at kits. No longer is it a good enough for a major manufacturer to get something that “looks like a” out by the next financial year. Now there is a whole set of “manufacturers” who really care about the subject and can take the time to get it exactly right.

I don’t know how this could get to market and what business model could work (and I have a day job already!). One could imagine buying a dozen Marses and operating like a subcontract injection moulder?

But if you want a Farley Friutbat, learn CAD!

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Clearly the work of a complete nutter! Brilliant effort and I am glad that there are people like you about. The only adverse comment is that seeing it mounted with those prongs up its jetpipe gives me an uncomfortable feeling in my backside.

John

• Haha 5

What a journey you have been on. I can't start to imagine all the learning curves you must have had to climb but I do know I have never been so envious of a biscuit box full of kit bits lol.

Duncan B

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Nah, it baint graciousness.

Simply in awe at sharing space with such a presence m'lud.

Tony it truly has been an awesome ride, you even got me buying a capable laptop with which to attempt to learn and handle Fusion360 in a fit of imagined competence, now proven to have been a jump too far.

Riding the shoulders of giants has been a game changer, really.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, perdu said:

you even got me buying a capable laptop with which to attempt to learn and handle Fusion360

My God - what havoc have I wrought here? 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1