Su-7BMK, Egypt Air Force, Yom Kippur War. Smer/Revell 1/48

Hi comrades!

This beast finished. The build was complicated. Everything possible to exchange with aftermarket parts was exchanged. Some additions were scratchbuit.

More details on the build can be found here:

IMG-8505.jpg
IMG-8514.jpg
IMG-8524.jpg
IMG-8528.jpg
IMG-8535.jpg
IMG-8537.jpg
IMG-8541.jpg
IMG-8546.jpg
IMG-8547.jpg
IMG-8554.jpg
IMG-8558.jpg
IMG-8567.jpg
IMG-8569.jpg
IMG-8575.jpg
IMG-8583.jpg
IMG-8588.jpg
IMG-8598.jpg
IMG-8600.jpg
IMG-8605.jpg
IMG-8607.jpg
IMG-8609.jpg
IMG-8613.jpg
IMG-8615.jpg
IMG-8619.jpg
IMG-8622.jpg
IMG-8624.jpg
IMG-8632.jpg
IMG-8633.jpg

Thanks for looking

Edited by cema_ga
  • Like 32

5 hours ago, Remus389 said:

It really looks great in this desert camouflage.

Quality modelling. 🙂👍

Thank You! And it's a plenty of variants of desert camouflage!

3 hours ago, fox1_BE said:

Really nice work!👍 I particularly like the painted on markings. Canopy window sealing is also very neat: did you use decals for these?

Patrick

Thank You!

Window sealing is airbrushed. I used the dedicated New Ware mask, Expert variant. They includes the window sealing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

You've done some truly great work and should be quite proud of the end result.

Thank You!

It was half a year of pure pain), and it's a lot things screams to be improved (riveting...)- but I started to lost the interest...

Wow, what s fantastic Fitter!

Fully realistic congrats!!

:partytime:

You even managed to load 4 bombs!!

The Su-7 always look so lightly loaded.... but actually that was already their max loadout!

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, exdraken said:

The Su-7 always look so lightly loaded.... but actually that was already their max loadout!

Thank You!

It's Phantom sized, but the bombload is hardly half of Phantom's load. To make things worse-the internal fuel is short-so need of external fuel tanks instead of bombs... 

Edited by cema_ga
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, cema_ga said:

It was half a year of pure pain), and it's a lot things screams to be improved (riveting...)- but I started to lost the interest...

I know the feeling. Sometimes I just don't want to throw the kit in the trash, but I don't want it just sitting on the shelf either, so I finish it; not my best work but I conquered the kit instead of the kit conquering me. I hope that makes sense. My best wishes to you.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Kampartiger said:

Somehow Fitters look better in the mid-east camo scheme.

Yes agreed with the above, especially the Egyption scheme you have chosen to do. Thats a very fine Fitter, well worth the effort you had to put in. The weathing is superbly done :like:.

Pete

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pete in a shed said:

Yes agreed with the above, especially the Egyption scheme you have chosen to do. Thats a very fine Fitter, well worth the effort you had to put in. The weathing is superbly done :like:.

Pete

17 hours ago, Kampartiger said:

You have put a lot of hard work into the Fitter and the finished model is absolutely superb. Somehow Fitters look better in the mid-east camo scheme.

21 hours ago, Vultures1 said:

Oh yes, I like that a lot! Superb Fitter with a great desert camo scheme - well done

Yes, Middle East desert camouflages are interesting. This specific is Soviet factory applied, but most of the Fitters had domestically designed and applied camouflages-great variety of schemes and colors.