HMS Duckworth Captain Class frigate Trumpeter/F-Star/WEM

Hello Graham!

I am another fan of Captain Class Frigates and I have a vintage  HMS BLIGH kit on my shelf but have not started the building yet

I joined this forum in last April to try and collect hints and tips about the building of the revell Kit as HMS BICKERTON:

By the way, my nickname on Brittmodeller forum is BICKERTON.

Congratulation for your achievement. A very nice model indeed! Painting, weathering and rigging are quite realistic 👍

I copied and stored your picture for future reference when I start the building of my own revell kit.

I may have missed the info but what material and source did you use for the rigging ?

Hola Bickerton!

Thanks for your comments. HMS Bickerton would be a smart model in her angular Western Approaches camouflage scheme.

As for rigging on my Duckworth, it is not totally prototypical - near enough to be fairly convincing (to me) on the model. I generally use stretch-thread (the Uschi version in three different sizes) or sometimes non-stretchy Caenis or Modelkasten thread (0.13mm) where I can get firm securing locations for large stays etc. For signal halyards, I split brown Easyline into its individual fibres (or at a minimum, halved). I make small "turnbuckles"/fixing eyes from the finest copper wire I can find from stripped electrical gear, where this is unobtrusive or in scale.

Good luck!

Cheers, GrahamB

Edited by GrahamB
spelling

• 2 months later...

Just came across this one Graham. I am another one with the Trumpeter kit and WE set ( and lots of Black Cat 3D printed details) , ready to build the Captain Class DE my Grandad sailed on ( Rupert). Your build is quite inspirational. I am an experienced modeller but with aircraft so this will be my first ship in over 40 years!   I hope I can get something decent out of mine but can probably only dream of meeting your standard! 

• 2 weeks later...