1/144 Valom Sopwith Camel and Fokker DR1

Dear all,

Posting pictures of the remaining two of Valom's 'Duel in the skies' kits of the Camel and Dr1 Triplane.

Great little (tiny!) kits from Valom - built OOB.

OAENucI.jpg

K3TChyM.jpg

0fLqHUS.jpg

yhrFq9A.jpg

xrKmtv3.jpg

LfdIG5X.jpg

K1Uju7C.jpg

szPt48x.jpg

kPAEGLa.jpg

Regards

Dave

• Like 29

I do well to even think in that scale, much less build. And rig? The fingers on one hand slap those on the other for evening thinking about that. Which is to say you've done phenomenal work on those and have much to be proud of.

• Thanks 1

A really stunning little pair. They are nice kits but these are amazingly well build - I can never get the rigging so clean and taught.

Don't worry, more options are available for the Valom kits now 😁. Vizi models from the Czech Republic are offering the Nieuport kits with 3d printed parts and new decals.

https://www.vizimodels.cz/Nieuport-Ni-21-a-23-d30.htm

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, John Masters said:

Superb!  What did you use for rigging?

Thanks, John -

Rigging material used was Oschi 'standard' size elastic thread threaded through pre-drilled holes and pulled tight before gluing in place.

Regards

Dave

11 hours ago, Tim R-T-C said:

A really stunning little pair. They are nice kits but these are amazingly well build - I can never get the rigging so clean and taught.

Don't worry, more options are available for the Valom kits now 😁. Vizi models from the Czech Republic are offering the Nieuport kits with 3d printed parts and new decals.

https://www.vizimodels.cz/Nieuport-Ni-21-a-23-d30.htm

Thank you!  and appreciate the link, Tim - these do look interesting and tempting .........

49 minutes ago, Mig88 said:

Fantastic work on both and amazing job on that rigging. I have both kits in my stash but I don't know if I'll rig them...

Miguel

Thank you, Miguel -

These actually good little kits - just take care on the strut aligningment (lots of test fitting needed) to make sure all lines up as should.  The PE struts work really well.  Rigging in this scale is very fiddly but not impossible - have a go.

Cheers

Dave

Also, thank you everyone who has commented - very much appreciated.

Regards

Dave

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...