New P36 family from Special Hobby, 1/72, extimated year first issue 2022.

gioca

from modelforum.cz:

Alfred Riedel from SH answering to some questions about the new P36:

Ta P-36 bude malá nebo ve čtvrtce?

Odesláno z mého Redmi Note 9 Pro pomocí Tapatalk
Určitě 1/72 a pak se uvidí

JimiX píše:Á, výborně... Na Hawka jsem velmi zvědavej. Bude se blížit stylem stavebnice spíš Warhawkům, nebo stodevítce?
Díky za odpověď.
Já bych si přál, aby byl zpracován jako Bf 109E

jenda58 píše:Tak za P-36  . Budou obě motorové verze?

Ano, a podvozkové taky.

The P36 is in1/72

quality : wishing  a 109E quality

Different parts for different versions 

Edited by gioca

Unfortunately techno

34 minutes ago, gioca said:

As Eduard is launching Tora Tora Tora operation with Zero in 48 scale, is it possible SpecialHobby launchs the P36 around the first week of december ...

Kit is announced for 2022.

11 minutes ago, gioca said:

quality : wishing  a 109E quality

Unfortunately, the P-36 will be released using the same technology as the Bf 109E. I write unfortunately because the Bf 109E loses riveting very quickly.

• Like 2

I think it is very noble of you to take all this burden on yourself :D

On a more serious note - I'm curious to see if ClearProp will continue their line and how the comparison between the two kits comes out.
I have a feeling that it's been a long time since two companies with an eye for detail basically make the same model family from scratch at the same time.

6 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Unfortunately, the P-36 will be released using the same technology as the Bf 109E. I write unfortunately because the Bf 109E loses riveting very quickly.

That's interesting, because the 109 is like that because it's done with Eduard. So are Eduard going to be boxing the P-36, or is this just the way SH are going? I would rather it was more like their P-40's as given a choice I prefer not to have rivet holes in 1/72nd.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, gioca said:

As Eduard is launching Tora Tora Tora operation with Zero in 48 scale, is it possible SpecialHobby launchs the P36 around the first week of december ...

010313-F-1234P-051.JPG

Do we see any rivets here ?
I think not .... who the heck needs them anyways.

Ruck fivets, at least in 1/72 ...

• Like 8
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Tbolt said:

That's interesting, because the 109 is like that because it's done with Eduard. So are Eduard going to be boxing the P-36, or is this just the way SH are going? I would rather it was more like their P-40's as given a choice I prefer not to have rivet holes in 1/72nd.

If I understood correctly what both companies wrote, Eduard gave their studies of the Bf 109E in 1/48 (probably with CAD design) and Special Hobby converted it to 1/72 scale. The moulds for the Bf 109E were made by an outsourced tool shop that both companies use and whose name and location they keep secret.

2 hours ago, Tbolt said:

So are Eduard going to be boxing the P-36, or is this just the way SH are going?

The two companies have worked very closely together for a long time. There have also been announcements of more models being released on a similar basis to the Bf 109E, so I guess we will see the P-36 in Eduard boxes. Probably in some limited editions or with modifications not available from Special Hobby.

2 hours ago, Tbolt said:

I would rather it was more like their P-40's as given a choice I prefer not to have rivet holes in 1/72nd.

I like full riveting myself, but if it's going to look like it does on the Bf 109E, where it starts to fade a few months after release and has to be corrected by hand, then...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

If I understood correctly what both companies wrote, Eduard gave their studies of the Bf 109E in 1/48 (probably with CAD design) and Special Hobby converted it to 1/72 scale. The moulds for the Bf 109E were made by an outsourced tool shop that both companies use and whose name and location they keep secret.

The two companies have worked very closely together for a long time. There have also been announcements of more models being released on a similar basis to the Bf 109E, so I guess we will see the P-36 in Eduard boxes. Probably in some limited editions or with modifications not available from Special Hobby.

I like full riveting myself, but if it's going to look like it does on the Bf 109E, where it starts to fade a few months after release and has to be corrected by hand, then...

Aside from the riviting, did the 109 molds feature any other problems over time, loss of fit, warping etc? (wondering hooooow crazy to go on first releases 😁)

Eg if u got an initial revell p-47m it was tamiya-like... Now it has tons of flash, poor fit....flash on the lip intake being so bad it became 3mm solid and u have to cut away now 😒

15 hours ago, occa said:

Do we see any rivets here ?
I think not .... who the heck needs them anyways.

Ruck fivets, at least in 1/72 ...

Yes, I see them all over that plane. 

And I need glasses btw.

• Haha 2

On 10/22/2021 at 3:57 PM, alt-92 said:

I might just build 'em anyway instead :P 

I'm in the same situation, should I build  the AZ Hawk 75A-7 I bought less than a year ago? Maybe I should, so that SH will issue their kit of this variant the day after I've completed the model..

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Modelraynz said:

Aside from the riviting, did the 109 molds feature any other problems over time, loss of fit, warping etc?

TBH, I have no idea. Since none of the camouflage schemes issued by SH interested me, I only bought two Simple Sets (their equivalent of Eduard's Overtrees). I was still planning to buy the E-4/B and E-7, and then maybe some Ts, but at the moment I'm wondering whether to buy them. Such partial rivets are worse than full riveting or no riveting at all.

On 10/22/2021 at 7:40 PM, Piotr Mikolajski said:

The moulds for the Bf 109E were made by an outsourced tool shop that both companies use and whose name and location they keep secret.

I think I remember Modelsvit being mentioned in this regard. But perhaps I am wrong.

32 minutes ago, Fukuryu said:

I think I remember Modelsvit being mentioned in this regard. But perhaps I am wrong.

On this occasion there was a great deal of guesswork and very little real market knowledge. Even companies that do not have their own workshop at all and use external contractors were pointed out.

The truth is that as long as Eduard and Special Hobby are not willing to reveal the name of this company, they will not reveal it. And the company itself will not brag about it either, because why should it risk losing such customers. In fact, it is not even necessary to sign an NDA for companies to respect confidentiality by themselves.

• 11 months later...

I think there has been total silence since. Clear Prop! at least had plans to release other variants. The AZ Model kit is quite awful, or rather typical AZ kit. My H-75A3 is unfinished on the shelf of doom, the decals were extreme poor, the white doesn't cover the underlying French camouflage colours. As nice as the new Clear Prop kits are, I wish they had started with a less exotic version.