Knife at Newquay

Evalman

Last Friday CV-22B 08-0047 (Knife 71) made a planned visit to Newquay Airport, a rare sight in Cornwall and something worth getting the wife to keep my dinner in the oven for.  Things didn't quite go to plan for the crew who ended up staying in Cornwall for five nights. 

I popped by the airfield the next morning hoping to catch its departure but it soon became obvious that the Osprey was going nowhere.  With rumours that another one was on the way down with parts I decided to hang around for an hour.  

While waiting this Spanish Navy Citation arrived for a quick stop, surprisingly either unnoticed or ignored by others waiting to see the second Osprey.

The second Osprey, 11-0059 eventually arrived  for a quick gas and go.

Edited by Evalman
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Cracking pictures in lovely Autumnal light. Seems that those Ospreys are rather high maintenance and troublesome aircraft but glad you got some action away from their usual haunts.

Mark

• Evalman changed the title to Knife at Newquay

I don't know but the Osprey is a bit scary to me.

I dare say the crew of the CV 22 weren't too upset being  stranded in  Cornwall. A pilot friend of mine spent a happy time there working for Skybus.

On 10/21/2021 at 9:11 PM, canberraman said:

Cracking pictures in lovely Autumnal light. Seems that those Ospreys are rather high maintenance and troublesome aircraft but glad you got some action away from their usual haunts.

Mark

Thanks Mark.  They do see to break more often than more conventional Helicopters.  Earlier this year a US Marine at Okehampton was overheard saying he'd managed 15 years in the service without flying in one, a record he was happy to proclaim. 

On 10/21/2021 at 10:04 PM, noelh said:

I don't know but the Osprey is a bit scary to me.

I dare say the crew of the CV 22 weren't too upset being  stranded in  Cornwall. A pilot friend of mine spent a happy time there working for Skybus.

I think some of the local Hotels are accustomed to short notice extensions by aircrew😆

19 hours ago, Red Dot said:

Super photos in great light. The Citation is rare

Andy

Many thanks Andy, That was the first time I've seen a Spanish Navy Citation.   

• Like 1