Seakings from Belgium( Koksijde) to the UK..20-10-2021

janneman36

Quite a drive for two Seakings but i couldn't resist...250 kilometers one way 🤪

These particular Seakings were operated by the Belgium Air Force
Three years ago  they were decommissioned and i never thought that i would see these flying again soon!
They look as they were in service with the exeption of their registration OO-SEE and OO-KNG quite apropriate i think.
This day they went to their new operator Historic  helicopters in the UK who are planning to use these machines on airshows.
May you fly and prosper you mighty King...

https://www.historichelicopters.com/Pages/1/Home.html

51611656121_9a53cc8a7c_b.jpg

51610831447_5f24739bd5_b.jpg

51611878418_3be77d7df7_b.jpg

51611655836_0059b67e2a_b.jpg

51612538415_f25404ee0e_b.jpg

51612311474_a8c3e22e14_b.jpg

51611877328_b47d72226c_b.jpg

51612536920_5594f41153_b.jpg

51611876143_7752ed27d6_b.jpg

51612310064_8c438ed1b6_b.jpg

51611877818_d522394722_b.jpg

cheers, Jan

• Like 18

• janneman36 changed the title to Seakings from Belgium( Koksijde) to the UK..20-10-2021

Saw some photos of these on Daniel Brachx Belgian Wings Facebook page, I reckon these have pretty much the best Sea King scheme ever, nice to know they're going to be about for a bit longer. Thanks for putting these up here.

Steve.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Saw some photos of these on Daniel Brachx Belgian Wings Facebook page, I reckon these have pretty much the best Sea King scheme ever, nice to know they're going to be about for a bit longer. Thanks for putting these up here.

Steve.

4 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Thanks for doing the drive for us, Jan. Great to see them in the air again! The Historic Helicopters fleet seems to be growing by the day!

You are welcome fellows!

@stevehnz you think these are exotic wait until you see the Iranian Seakings!

https://www.airteamimages.com/westland-sea-king_8-2309_iran---navy_333803.html

to me the Belgium one and Iranian are top of the bill colorwise😁

Maybe you do know that this Belgium color scheme was intended for Egypt as the five the Belgium’s operated were initially intended for delivery to Egypt but that deal fell through.

The Belgians just bought these and never bothered to give them an other paint scheme.

cheers, Jan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, janneman36 said:

Maybe you do know that this Belgium color scheme was intended for Egypt as the five the Belgium’s operated were initially intended for delivery to Egypt but that deal fell through.

The Belgians just bought these and never bothered to give them an other paint scheme

Hi Janne, no I didn't know that, a serendipitous series of events. Had I thought more about it, I might have wondered why Belgium was painting their Sea Kings in Tropical Land Scheme. ;) . The Iranian ones are sure spectacular but the colours on these girls work much better for me, happily I have some Daco decals for them. Replicating the oil canning around the tail boom might be a problem though. :D

Steve.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I shudder to think what operating this many Seakings will cost Historic Helicopters. I really applaud them for keeping these superb machines in good order. They are doing a great job. 

I filmed their yellow Seaking at Shuttleworth a few months ago. Very easily the highlight of the air-display (for me, anyway).

Chris.    

• Like 2

Great to see these flying again, once spent a couple of months at Koksijde repairing RS-05, shame that couldn't be salvaged in its black scheme, that one always stood out, beautiful scheme. Hope it wasnt because I worked on it the reason for it not being saved :shocked:

4 hours ago, moaning dolphin said:

Great to see these flying again, once spent a couple of months at Koksijde repairing RS-05, shame that couldn't be salvaged in its black scheme, that one always stood out, beautiful scheme. Hope it wasnt because I worked on it the reason for it not being saved :shocked:

Lovely to hear that you worked on RS05 and I do believe you did a fine job on it as it is now part of an aviation technical school in Oostende if I am correct..

cheers, Jan

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 11:43 PM, janneman36 said:

51611877328_b47d72226c_b.jpg

Next challenge: replicate all that oilcanning :P

Good to see them flying off to a new home, underappreciated them back in the 1990s but they were a refreshing bit of colour amongst the single-greys and -greens that started to take over in those days.. 

• Like 1