MOD has a sense of humour

RAF4EVER

1 hour ago, Procopius said:

This is a photoshop, folks.

Although this one, of an addition to the artwork on 120 Sqn's  roof (in Nimrod days) after a dining-in-night isn't..

.spacer.png

Edited by XV107
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, jhutchi said:

I don't get it? 

[WAH Shield Raised] 120 = CXX in Roman Numerals. Some naughty aviators from a neighbouring squadron added the letters 'TS' to the 'CXX'. Imagine that the witty artists (they were doing a fine impression of another form of artist at the specific time of the painting) wished those seeing the painting to imagine that the 'XX' stood for the abbreviation of the United Nations, demonstrating their love, respect and affection for their rival squadron... [WAH Shield lowered]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, XV107 said:

[WAH Shield Raised] 120 = CXX in Roman Numerals. Some naughty aviators from a neighbouring squadron added the letters 'TS' to the 'CXX'. Imagine that the witty artists (they were doing a fine impression of another form of artist at the specific time of the painting) wished those seeing the painting to imagine that the 'XX' stood for the abbreviation of the United Nations, demonstrating their love, respect and affection for their rival squadron... [WAH Shield lowered]

Thanks! I read it as CXXIS, not TS!! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/20/2021 at 4:24 PM, Procopius said:

This is a photoshop, folks.

As soon as I saw the headline I knew something must be fishy 😂 

On 10/20/2021 at 5:33 PM, XV107 said:

spacer.png

That is a true monument of the art 👏👏👏