Avro Lancaster 1/32 Seat Belts.

Geoff Williams

I will build the Border (WNW) 1/32 Lancaster when it becomes available in early 2022. As you will know the pilots seat belt is molded onto his seat and this may be the same for other members of the crew. What I want to do is make HGW replacements, however, I could not find anything Lancaster specific on their site. What should I do? HGW can supply a range of RAF belts but I worried that they wont be right! Any suggestions.

With regards

Geoff Williams

• 1 month later...
On 10/20/2021 at 11:55 AM, Geoff Williams said:

As you will know the pilots seat belt is molded onto his seat and this may be the same for other members of the crew.

It might be worth seeing what the moulded belts actually look like first, they seem pretty good already 🤔 I'm sure there'll be myriad cash-in accessories when (if) it finally hits the shops.

I don't want to rain of anyone's parade here, but there is an on-going legal battle between Border Models and Wingnut Wings. The release of the Border Lanc is by no means guaranteed (hopefully, things will get sorted out over time).

I've read a story that all the major model-distributors have been sent legal-notices from Wingnut's lawyers, suggesting that they should refuse to stock the kit or suffer the consequences. It has to be said that the cost of fighting numerous international legal-cases could well be much greater than the profits the kits might generate.   

Cheers. 

Chris.