Boeing 707 wings

tomthounaojam

Greetings Folks, 

Need a little bit of help here, am planning to build the ancient Airfix Boeing 707 which comes with BOAC and Air India markings and am planning to build as Air India one which 707-437. However, I hit a road block while doing my homework can't find a decent pictures of top view of the wings. If anyone here could share or link to how it is would be awesome. I saw some generic wings and it wasn't much joy, wanted to see the metal variations of the panels. Thank you so very much for the helps. Cheers

From the one photo in Jetliners that shows a side view of one of the Indian Airlines aircraft, VT-OJI, the wing-body center section was polished aluminum (surprisingly) instead of BCAC707 grey.  The leading edges of the wing were polished aluminum.  The wing inboard area, top and bottom, was overcoated in corogard, which you can achieve by mixing silver and light grey, because it never appeared uniform.  I am pretty darn sure the areas immediately aft of the wing spar would have been flat aluminum, and the control surfaces the same.  It is possible that the speed brakes and spoilers atop the wing were BCAC707 grey.  Kruger flap high lift devices underneath the wing would have been BCAC707 grey or something close.  Wing tips outboard of the outboard set of ailerons and HF antennas were painted gray.  Hope this helps.

Edited by TheyJammedKenny!
insert reg #
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, exdraken said:

Thanks for trying help me, cheers Mate.

1 hour ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

From the one photo in Jetliners that shows a side view of one of the Indian Airlines aircraft, VT-OJI, the wing-body center section was polished aluminum (surprisingly) instead of BCAC707 grey.  The leading edges of the wing were polished aluminum.  The wing inboard area, top and bottom, was overcoated in corogard, which you can achieve by mixing silver and light grey, because it never appeared uniform.  I am pretty darn sure the areas immediately aft of the wing spar would have been flat aluminum, and the control surfaces the same.  It is possible that the speed brakes and spoilers atop the wing were BCAC707 grey.  Kruger flap high lift devices underneath the wing would have been BCAC707 grey or something close.  Wing tips outboard of the outboard set of ailerons and HF antennas were painted gray.  Hope this helps.

@TheyJammedKenny! Much appreciated, I have gone more couple of pictures yesterday and decided to let my imagination run little while, decided to give some panels subtle differences. As, the different parts you have mentioned am hoping to give some different variations of silver hope I can do with limited resources I have. I sincerely appreciate the helps and it give some idea for me play around, the kit isn't the best out there but I will try my best. Thank you. Cheers

1 hour ago, Eric Mc said:

Isn't that a Boeing 720? The 720 had different wings to the early 707s.

You could write a very thick book on the evolution and variations of the wings of the 707/720/C-135 family.

Jeez I can't put anything past you this week Eric 🤣

That is outstanding!  I think you captured it well.  Will you do a similar panel job on the engines?  Keep in mind that the turbocompressor "humps" atop each of the engines had a dark panel located about 3 scale feet (7mm) aft of the nose section.  The panel itself was about 3 scale feet (7mm) in length.

Alex