Zeppelins

Martian

Methinks I am in danger of needing to be rescued from my own thread!  :frantic: And you Loren, have displayed such a consistently high standard of lunacy that you are in danger of being made an official UK citizen (Eccentric's Branch)! Your application has already been sent on your behalf to Buckingham Palace for due consideration. I am given to understand that Her Majesty usually passes such matters on to her expert on such matters, one General Sir Anthony Hogmanay Cecil Melchett VC, DSO, DSC, AA*, RAC and Burp for rubber stamping, well, it is something to do with rubber anyway; so you should be a shoo in. 

Martian 👽

*Not the Automobile Association!

• Haha 8

10 minutes ago, Martian said:

Methinks I am in danger of needing to be rescued from my own thread!  :frantic: And you Loren, have displayed such a consistently high standard of lunacy that you are in danger of being made an official UK citizen (Eccentric's Branch)! Your application has already been sent on your behalf to Buckingham Palace for due consideration. I am given to understand that Her Majesty usually passes such matters on to her expert on such matters, one General Anthony Hogmanay Cecil Melchett VC, DSO, DSC, AA*, RAC and Burp for rubber stamping, well, it is something to do with rubber anyway; so you should be a shoo in. 

Martian 👽

*Not the Automobile Association!

Why thank you O Tentacled One. Everything I know I learnt from Monty Python, Rowan Atkinson, and a bit of Mike and Bernie Winters. Gawd All Mighty, what a wretched, twisted mind I have instilled in me. But I fear if I were to become a proper UK citizen. The Empire would never be the same.😜

• Haha 4

Can't wait to see the afterburning flat irons!

Ummm, could be a long wait....meanwhile a couple of non-afterburning four-engined flat irons will have to suffice.

I am given to understand that Her Majesty usually passes such matters on to her expert on such matters, one General Anthony Hogmanay Cecil Melchett VC, DSO, DSC, AA, RAC and Burp for rubber stamping, well, it is something to do with rubber anyway; so you should be a shoo in. 

Did somebody mention rubber?  ahem, yes, I received said communique from her Maj but a few minutes ago. Naturally, it'll have to go before the committee board members (Crazy Meg of Bedlam, the Baby-eating Bishop of Bath and Wells and my great uncle, Arthur Hogmanay Wellesley, the 1st Duke of Wellington) for approval before any rubber wear can be donned. I'm sure this will be granted, provided a suitable stipend is forthcoming within the next hour...they're a fair minded bunch. 

''Three pages and not so much as a thumbnail pic of the kit under construction''

The best things take time to ferment...apparently.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Norman said:

Hand grenade .....incoming............''Three pages and not so much as a thumbnail pic of the kit under construction''

I think I mentioned somewhere that it will be started directly after SMW. Although you can be forgiven for not being able to find the statement amongst all the "assistance" to my original question from the "Usual Suspects". Mostly because a certain cutaway submarine, that I have less than two weeks to finish, is taking up the entire work bench but also because I want to be able to concentrate fully on it for very personal reasons that will become apparent when the WIP gets underway. 

Mysterious of Mars 👽

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LorenSharp said:

Why thank you O Tentacled One. Everything I know I learnt from Monty Python, Rowan Atkinson, and a bit of Mike and Bernie Winters. Gawd All Mighty, what a wretched, twisted mind I have instilled in me. But I fear if I were to become a proper UK citizen. The Empire would never be the same.😜

I don't know; we have been managing quite well with Melchie and Baldrick as members!

Martian 👽

2 minutes ago, LorenSharp said:

Duck and Cover!

Fret ye not, hand grenade has been thrown back in the nick of time.

Relieved of Mars 👽

I have been told on more than one occasion that my sense of humour was too "British". Even for Australians. But like a fine scotch, it has been coagulating fermenting many decades.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Martian said:

Fret ye not, hand grenade has been thrown back in the nick of time.

Relieved of Mars 👽

I do hope before  thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out.

• Haha 5

38 minutes ago, LorenSharp said:

I do hope before  thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out.

I didn't really have time to count to three after said grenade had travelled all the way from Australia. I just had time to bung it straight back.

Martian 👽

• Haha 2

Hand Grenade didn't reach here thank goodness im informed by Qantas Flight QF69 it exploded over a French Submarine base causing considerable damage to their coffee machine , and has added to our Prime Marketers ( aka Prime Ministers ) woes in regards to jilting the French over a Sub deal, more as it comes to hand ( or tentacle) 

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, Norman said:

Hand Grenade didn't reach here thank goodness im informed by Qantas Flight QF69 it exploded over a French Submarine base causing considerable damage to their coffee machine , and has added to our Prime Marketers ( aka Prime Ministers ) woes in regards to jilting the French over a Sub deal, more as it comes to hand ( or tentacle) 

That's it Norman have NOTHING to do with Jules Verne's submarines it's a Gallic trick!

• Haha 1

@LorenSharp what on earth is an Aussie doing in WV? (Please don't say it was your sister's idea.....)

Sure, the lunacy quotient is high, but those kind of liaisons are frowned upon in Blighty even more than sheep worrying!

Ian

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, general melchett said:

meanwhile a couple of non-afterburning four-engined flat irons will have to suffice.

Damn these tired old Mk 1a memory banks! I was thinking B-58, not Vulcan- my bad. (Please don't send any Mach 2 kits as retribution, as I have been punished enough, already!)

Mike

@Norman

Three pages is child's play- you should see the length of the snappy repartee there was regarding @Martian's Triebflugel/food processor project a while back...a lot of blurglecruncheoning and gum flapping, let me tell you! Over and Out! 

Mike

@LorenSharp,

Nice to know there is yet another criminally insane modeler on our side of the pond! A brother from another mother!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Brandy said:

@LorenSharp what on earth is an Aussie doing in WV? (Please don't say it was your sister's idea.....)

Sure, the lunacy quotient is high, but those kind of liaisons are frowned upon in Blighty even more than sheep worrying!

Ian

I'm NOT in West By God Virginia,, I'll have you know. Its North Western Virginia, Otherwise known as the Shenandoah Valley. 😝 Besides I only spent a year in Oz. Then they realized how nuts I really am and said "piddle Off And Go home" But some of their ways have stuck.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

Then they realized how nuts I really am and said "piddle Off And Go home"

You must be some kind of nuts if the Aussies said you were too crazy for them! My kinda guy! (Please tell me you still prefer enamels!) 🙏

Mike

Your comment reminded me of WW2 352nd FG ace Punchy Powell, whose Mustang was titled "The West by Gawd Virginian!

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/108508672246808403/

Edited by 72modeler

23 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

You must be some kind of nuts if the Aussies said you were too crazy for them! My kinda guy! (Please tell me you still prefer enamels!) 🙏

Mike

Your comment reminded me of WW2 352nd FG ace Punchy Powell, whose Mustang was titled "The West by Gawd Virginian!

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/108508672246808403/

Yep  there are Virginians then there are West- By-Gawd Virginians. I grew up in central west Virginia I know that one all too well.  I like Enamels when they  dry the way they're supposed to. Not take 3 months then still be tacky. Aussies kinda thought I was a little "Tetched" in the head when I challenged a few to doing shots. While standing on your head. After 10shots  . they gave up and  crawled away. I was rather intemperate in my youth I must say.:drink:

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, KITCAT said:

That's it Norman have NOTHING to do with Jules Verne's submarines it's a Gallic trick!

And, the final bastion of sense left in this thread has fallen. Keep this up Kitkat and you may find yourself getting promoted to the rank of "Usual Suspect", a highly sought after honour around these parts.

7 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

Aussies kinda thought I was a little "Tetched" in the head when I challenged a few to doing shots. While standing on your head. After 10shots  . they gave up and  crawled away. I was rather intemperate in my youth I must say.:drink:

Impressive! Australians are noted for being some of the Solar System's leading booze hounds.

Martian 👽

• Haha 2

Impressive! Australians are noted for being some of the Solar System's leading booze hounds.

Nonsense, most of my kitchen staff, chauffeurs and groundsmen could drink any of em under the table...why, Lady M junior alone, regularly consumes enough pink gin to sink a fully laden Vogon constructor vessel......so I say don your finest Union Flag thunderpants, eat jellied eels, raise a glass of Old Scrotum and shout God save the King. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I am going to have to be very careful not to let Mrs T see this thread. She has always doubts about modellers sanity and the above wanderings may seriously jeopardise my upcoming trip to SMW. She might even consider coming into the TIC instead of going shopping in Shrewsbury to chaperone me (Oh, the horror, limited spending opportunities). 

On a more serious (?) and relevant (??) note, how big are the Zeppelin kits? If they did an R34 I would be prepared to break my 1/72nd only rule. 

Actually she thinks Britmodeller is good for me from a mental health and social point of view. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, general melchett said:

Nonsense, most of my kitchen staff, chauffeurs and groundsmen could drink any of em under the table...why, Lady M junior alone, regularly consumes enough pink gin to sink a fully laden Vogon constructor vessel......so I say don your finest Union Flag thunderpants, eat jellied eels, raise a glass of Old Scrotum and shout God save the King. 

pssst General.... (Whispers) God Save the Queen.

• Haha 6