Zeppelins

Martian

That almost makes me glad that I won't be able to attend this year!

Before we sink wearily beneath the creaking SIG tables we shall raise a glass of Shato Hydrazine and drink a toast to those reprobates who are unable to partake this year.....and yes CC, hopefully, next year will be another story...we will sorely miss your black bin bags.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, general melchett said:

We shall raise a glass of Shato Hydrazine and drink a toast to those reprobates who are unable to partake this year.

Would this be Baldrick's re-branded distilled, stagnant pond water cunningly flavoured with algae and frog spawn perchance?

Concerned of Mars 👽

• Haha 4

Would this be Baldrick's re-branded distilled, stagnant pond water cunningly flavoured with algae and frog spawn perchance?

No, no, no........this would be Baldrick's re-branded distilled, stagnant pond water, cunningly flavoured with algae and frog spawn garnished with an essence of working class desperation and disappointment. 

• Haha 8

11 minutes ago, general melchett said:

No, no, no........this would be Baldrick's re-branded distilled, stagnant pond water, cunningly flavoured with algae and frog spawn garnished with an essence of working class desperation and disappointment. 

So more of a cocktail then?

Enlightened of Mars 👽

• Haha 6

On 10/20/2021 at 3:12 PM, Martian said:

I look forward to having a chat. It shouldn't be hard to find me, you know, the large, blue scaly betentacled, noisy one with antennae in a buggy.

Martian 👽

If I understand this correctly - Your antennae will be in a buggy whilst you walk alongside?

IanJ - Perhaps taking things too literally.

• Haha 8
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, general melchett said:

Vintage deux mille dix-neuf. It takes a while to ferment you know.:drink:

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Martian said:

So more of a cocktail then?

Enlightened of Mars 👽

Sounds like it might be closer to a light after dinner Aperitif. Something to cleanse the pallet, or scour  it off as it will

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

Sounds like it might be closer to a light after dinner Aperitif. Something to cleanse the pallet, or scour  it off as it will

I am given to understand that many modellers in the vicinity of Melchett Towers use it as airbrush cleaner. Well, they did until the metal parts of their brushes started to dissolve.

6 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

Vintage deux mille dix-neuf. It takes a while to ferment you know.:drink:

About as long as it takes a pair of Baldrick's pants to dissolve into the brew, although connoisseurs claim that a pair of his unwashed socks help to bring the full flavour out.

11 hours ago, Bonhoff said:

If I understand this correctly - Your antennae will be in a buggy whilst you walk alongside?

Not quite. I will be in the buggy and the flag will be down your trousers whilst you limp alongside. As for my antennae, they are a Martian's own private kingdom and I shall defend them with @general melchett's life!

Martian (Doing Kinky Stuff Since, err Forever!) 👽

• Haha 8
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Martian said:

many modellers in the vicinity of Melchett Towers use it as airbrush cleaner.

Somebody, I will not divulge my source, informed me that it is also  an excellent fuel injector cleaner!

Mike

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Somebody, I will not divulge my source, informed me that it is also  an excellent fuel injector cleaner!

Mike

Thanks Mike, I don't think I will sully Sara-Jane with the stuff. She can be very temperamental at times.

Martian 👽

• Haha 2

On 10/29/2021 at 11:14 AM, general melchett said:

this would be Baldrick's re-branded distilled, stagnant pond water, cunningly flavoured with algae and frog spawn garnished with an essence of working class desperation and disappointment. 

Hmmm, interesting, But I think I'll stick with the usual Domestos gargle.

7 hours ago, Martian said:

I don't think I will sully Sara-Jane with the stuff. She can be very temperamental at times.

BL had a special department to develop those attributes. They got a Queens industry award for it.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Bonhoff said:

Again!!!?

That's right, some people never learn. A curious species you Earthlings.

6 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

You'll need a good therapist. Preferably ex Royal Navy. @Ex-FAAWAFU might be able to help....

Word is, that he has already fled screaming for the hills.

In other news; the fair Elaine, my dress maker has informed me that this year's  party frock is ready for Telford. Who knows what she has concocted!

Martian 👽

PS: Can someone remind me what this thread was supposed to be about please.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Martian said:

PS: Can someone remind me what this thread was supposed to be about please.

It was about five foot four. But now that the clocks have gone back it's anyone's guess.

So how about some of this instead.....

• Haha 8

11 hours ago, general melchett said:

Something to do with a large, blue scaly betentacled, noisy one with antennae, in a buggy, appearing on the Goon show wearing Mia Zeppelin wedge sandals, apparently.

Thanks of putting us straight Melchie. I was labouring under the misapprehension that it was something to do with the way these things were rigged. You saved me from wandering off topic.

Grateful of Mars 👽

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, Mike said:

Wasn't there some talk about Zeppelins at some point? :hmmm:

Yes. Around about 1913-1914 or so. Didn’t come to anything after young Leefe Robinson’s escapade with the things.  Can’t help more as it’s more General Melchetts area of expertise. Toodle pip 

Clever of you to remember as you must have been about 9 back then

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Sorry Mike, they all followed me here.

The "I Don't Know These Earthlings" Martian 👽

• Haha 5

17 hours ago, Mike said:

I believe there was, but why ruin a good story just because of the truth.

Got to go, my piece of paper says it's beer time.

Ian

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Brandy said:

I believe there was, but why ruin a good story just because of the truth.

Heaven only knows what is going to happen when I get the Work in Progress thread underway!

Apprehensive of Mars 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

On 10/22/2021 at 3:25 PM, LorenSharp said:

Partying with the one of the Professionals.

It would be a good idea to get your battle pants cleaned, pressed, and Scotchguarded before sallying forth! :giggle:

Mike

• Haha 7

On 10/27/2021 at 4:11 AM, general melchett said:

.his archive of Welsh farmers Eisteddfod sheep-worrying techniques is far worse...allegedly :sheep:

That's baaaad form, Melchie, and ewe know it! :giggle: (Just when you thought it was safe to enter the Naughty Corner...)

Mike

Andy- please tell me you are working on a certain new-tool Merlin-powered geodesic structured twin.

Edited by 72modeler
added text
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Clever of you to remember as you must have been about 9 back then

Pay attention at the back, my grandparents recalled the downings, not me... according to official records held by the BBC, I was only 46 at the time, knee high to a giraffe. 

That's baaaad form, Melchie, and ewe know it!  (Just when you thought it was safe to enter the Naughty Corner...)

Mike that's awful, no amount of bleating or ramming the point home can pull the wool over my eyes. Although I refuse to fold, and feel somewhat fleeced ewe should know that your comments are falling on deaf ears....I'm completely mutton Jeff:headphones:.

Andy- please tell me you are working on a certain new-tool Merlin-powered geodesic structured twin.

Sorry Mike, not as yet, got a few Olympus-powered triangular-shaped quad thingies to get through first...

• Haha 4