VJTF Spz Puma (WIP)

Pixelworks

Hi all,

I will be starting a Spz Puma from Rye Field Model (in case anyone is wondering "Spz" is basically the German equivilant to "Infantry Fighting Vehicle" or IFV for short). I will be doing a NATO Very High Readiness Joint Task Force (a.k.a. VJTF) version of the puma. This configuration is very new, in fact the last of only 40 VJTF Pumas was delivered to the Bundeswehr less than a couple months ago. The solders will be training with in in 2022 before all 40 vehicles are stationed on the east European border in 2023 when Germany takes the leadership of the VJTF Task Force.

spacer.png

Aside from a couple structual changes, the major differences to the original Puma is the rocket launcher on the side of the turret as well as the cameras placed all around the hull for the 360° Vision Enhancement System.

The 1/35 scale kit from Rye is from 2019 and very well detailed and all the pieces have an excellent fit. I also puchased the photoetch set from Voyager Models to give it that added bit of detail. I am not yet quite sure where I am going to go with this, but I do intend to add LEDs and maybe some moving parts. Depending on how much space I require for the last I may even attempt to scratchbuild the interior. I will not be doing an "in the field" look as in the picture above, instead I will be doing a slightly weathered clean but dusty...  after all I want to be able to see all the details when I am done. 

So now I will come to my own personal disclaimer... This is actually my very first tank. Up until now I have done exclusively sci-fi models, so please go gentle on me. :)  

That is all for now, in my nexts posts I will put some pictures up of the kit and the add-ons and some of the work that I have already done. 

As always, thanks for tuning in.

11 hours ago, Das Abteilung said:

You might want to re-post this in the Work In Progress section for a better audience.  The Armour Discussion section tends to be just for that.

Ok, sorry I did not know that. Thank you for the tip.