1/72nd Airfix Vampire T.11, 45 Sqn. RAF Butterworth, Malaya, 1956

3 hours ago, tonyot said:

Oh I`m really sorry mate,..... but please do still post yours,..... I`m sure it is much better. Don`t let me stop you,..... I for one really want to see it!

I'm only pulling your leg - I love seeing other people's models, especially when they're as tidy-looking as this!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Cracking job Tony,it's a great kit for all skill levels I did a Swedish version a few years ago a very enjoyable build!

Cheers Steve,.... yeah so many options out there mate. 

2 hours ago, AliGauld said:

Yet another wee belter Tony.

Your work never ceases to inspire and impress me.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,..... I don`t know about that mate,.... but cheers. 

1 hour ago, jackroadkill said:

I'm only pulling your leg - I love seeing other people's models, especially when they're as tidy-looking as this!

LOL No worries mate,...... and cheers. 

• Like 2

Many years ago, many, many years ago I and a bunch of my buddies in 493 were marched past what seemed like miles of T11s parked in a row ready for disposal at an airfield in Wet Yorkshire*.

They all managed to look like yours.

We'd been punted out of Linton-On-Ouse for air experience (They were never going to let us loose in Jet Provosts, dammit!) in the hope the cloud base would rise and we would get some minutes in our little Form 3822 logbooks, sadly mine shows no flying minutes in August 63 so it doesn't name the wet blooming field we stamped around under the care(?) of a less than happy RAF corporal denied his fags and char for a while.

I can never remember if the name on the gate when we arrived was Dishforth or Driffold!

All immaterial, unlike your beautiful Vamp.

She is a beauty.

Nice one Tone.

*sadly not a typo...

• Like 1

On 10/23/2021 at 6:20 PM, perdu said:

Many years ago, many, many years ago I and a bunch of my buddies in 493 were marched past what seemed like miles of T11s parked in a row ready for disposal at an airfield in Wet Yorkshire*.

They all managed to look like yours.

We'd been punted out of Linton-On-Ouse for air experience (They were never going to let us loose in Jet Provosts, dammit!) in the hope the cloud base would rise and we would get some minutes in our little Form 3822 logbooks, sadly mine shows no flying minutes in August 63 so it doesn't name the wet blooming field we stamped around under the care(?) of a less than happy RAF corporal denied his fags and char for a while.

I can never remember if the name on the gate when we arrived was Dishforth or Driffold!

All immaterial, unlike your beautiful Vamp.

She is a beauty.

Nice one Tone.

*sadly not a typo...

Oh thanks mate,... that is very kind of you. Could have been Dishford or Driffield I suppose,....  I would guess at the former. Shame about Linton closing recently,..... dare say it will be yet another new village. 

On 10/23/2021 at 11:18 PM, Dunny said:

Lovely finish Tony - the weathering looks perfect to my eye,

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger,..... again very kind of you pal. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/31/2021 at 7:17 PM, Nymfen said:

All those black lines are barely visible on the real thing. Therefore, they should not be visible on a small model to a 1/72 scale.

OK,... fair enough,..... each to their own.  I may have overdone it,...... and I agree that on a well looked after Vampire with clean paintwork hardly anything could be seen, .....but,..... the aircraft that I was replicating was quite weathered by the tropical conditions and in the photos that I was working from panel lines were definitely visible.

7 minutes ago, cardiff guy said:

nice work well done.

Thanks mate,..... glad you like it ...... unlike the Danish bloke above LOL!! 

Edited by tonyot

18 minutes ago, 112 Squadron said:

Beautiful model of a classic jet that served with airforces of so many countries including Austria which operated four T 55 and five T 11.  

Thanks mate,........ a classic jet indeed,...... Airfix were onto something making Vampire kits because they served with so many air forces,..... I do like the Swiss Mk.I`s with the MSG/ PRU Blue finish.

5 minutes ago, djos said:

Very nice model, i like the finish and subtle weathering

Regards Djordje

Thank you Djordje, glad you like the weathering,...... some people have said that they don`t,....... I think that I may have over done it a bit, but the real aircraft was quite dirty.