P-47N Aftermarket? Academy ´s- opinons?

Paramedic

18 minutes ago, Paramedic said:

@Tbolt - stumbled upon your name in some other thread about various colours.. You mentioned black as oockpit colour in P-47Ns? Am I right that, that happened post-war . late 40s, early 50s maybe? In other words, any Ie Shime or Iwo Jima subject should be Interior Dark Dull Green (as MRp calls it)?

Just happened to stumble upon that.. Knew I have read about black cockpits for Ns before - but forgot (and iirc some P-51s had that treatment too?). Just painted my Revell N Dark Dull Green.... ;) (2 Big And Too Heavy probably)

The August 1945 EMI has no mentioned of it ( though that doesn't mention DDG either, still only referring to TZC ) and the Detail & Scale book just says that many ANG N's had the cockpit's painted black so I suspect it was done post war at overhaul like the P-51D's that had their cockpits painted black. So yes I would just stick to DDG for a wartime airframe.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Paramedic said:

Thanks. :)

TZC- is the tinted ZC, with 1/10 of black in it? or some such.

Yes. I don't know how much black Republic added as the EMI only states to add "tinting enamel - black" but doesn't give a quantity. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
14 hours ago, Tbolt said:

Where can we get these?

These tanks will be a Red Roo product in early 2023. The best way to be kept informed about them is to sign up to the RR newsletter from the web site. We pretty much only send out newsletters when there are new products.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ed Russell said:

These tanks will be a Red Roo product in early 2023. The best way to be kept informed about them is to sign up to the RR newsletter from the web site. We pretty much only send out newsletters when there are new products.

Thanks, do you have a European distributor, as the direct shipping is a bit expensive for me?

12 hours ago, Tbolt said:

Thanks, do you have a European distributor, as the direct shipping is a bit expensive for me?

Unfortunately not. We only charge the customer what Australia Post charges us. It's actually cheaper from here to there than from the UK to Australia.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2023 at 9:03 PM, Ed Russell said:

Unfortunately not. We only charge the customer what Australia Post charges us. It's actually cheaper from here to there than from the UK to Australia.

As an aside to that - would you consider adding Paypal as option?   Credit card is not as ubiquitous over here.