BF109E-3 canopy frame

bigfoot

Hi, I’m not normally a frequenter of this area of BM as I mostly build things with tracks, so my knowledge of aircraft bits beyond the basics is limited!

I’m building eduards BF109E-3 and I’ve got to the canopy masking stage. There’s a frame spare that crosses the side panels of the central hood section, and I’m not sure what colour it should be. The Eduard masks cover over this bit so I’m assuming it is not the exterior camouflage colour and is part of some sort of inner frame. What colour should this be? Is it RLM02 like other internal parts of the cockpit? Eduard don’t show this part of the frame in the instructions.

nBKVjiC.jpg

I’ve done an internet search  but I can’t find any clear pictures or description. Probably a very basic question…

Thanks!

The same also applies to the Bf109F canopy as well which is often painted in error but is in fact just where the two perspex panels meet and overlap. The way it has been molded suggests that Eduard think it is a frame as it looks far too heavy to replicate this 'overlap' feature.

Regards

Colin.

7 hours ago, fishplanebeer said:

Looking at the pic of the Eduard canopy it appears to be the earlier version so not quite identical to this but the same arrangement applied re' the two sliding perspex panels on the sides

Regards

Colin.

Quite right, here's the correct parts manual page ...

109E3 canopy

• Like 1