1/24 lotus europa special

hi everyone !🙂

this is my tamiyaI 1/24 lotus europa special

the kit is easy to build,I made some modification and add some detail parts on this beauty..

hope you guys like it!!

DSC_2837

DSC_2836

DSC_2838

DSC_2839

DSC_2818

DSC_2845

and here is the building video if you are interested🙂

• Like 33

Got to agree that this looks absolutely superb, and the best colour scheme to my eyes too.

With one in the stash I'm glad to hear that it goes together so well. And from a purely selfish point of view I'mglad it'll be 2-3 years before I get around to mine as I doubt it will stand comparison with your model.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TonyW said:

Superb, as usual. The engine bay looks fantastic.

thank you !!I know nothing about engine..just check real car photos for reference and try to make it a little more detail, I am glad it turned well  😊

9 hours ago, klubman01 said:

That's really nice.  Great paint finish - not easy with gloss black.

Trevor

6 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Just beautiful. They did look good in that JPS colour scheme.

thank you!!😄 the color I used for this car is made from Finisher's paint, it was "blue black"...the manufactory clams that  this color is use for lotus,not pure black..a bit blue..a bit brown..anyway, it is a interesting color😊

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Marco F. said:

Another fantastic built from you.

Congratulations the Europa looks superb 

Marco F 

5 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Another stunning build from your workbench Mr.lin, gorgeous paintwork once again!

Keith

5 hours ago, Stef N. said:

Echoing everyone else but that is another brilliant model Mr Lin. Bravo.👏

4 hours ago, Malc2 said:

Wow, looks fantastic!

M.

2 hours ago, Liizio said:

Looks just great! Paintjob is just... flawless, really. Those gold accents really suit the car well, too.

Thank you my friends!!😊

3 hours ago, Spiny said:

Got to agree that this looks absolutely superb, and the best colour scheme to my eyes too.

With one in the stash I'm glad to hear that it goes together so well. And from a purely selfish point of view I'mglad it'll be 2-3 years before I get around to mine as I doubt it will stand comparison with your model.

hi,this kit is aged,but as usual, Tamiya made it very well....enjoy this kit and have fun!! 😊

A very lovely build.  I have one of the older issue to build, I as thinking about going full on 70s purple (like the Matchbox Europa I had as a kid), but seeing it so beautifully done in black...hmm...😍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, malpaso said:

A very lovely build.  I have one of the older issue to build, I as thinking about going full on 70s purple (like the Matchbox Europa I had as a kid), but seeing it so beautifully done in black...hmm...😍

That's brought back some memories, I had one of those too.  A Superfast issue with a bright cream interior.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Fantastic. I used to lust after these in their day, now I must console myself with one of these kits. Sadly, I doubt it will be finished to your superb standard :( , but I'll like it. :) 

Steve.

HI,  it is just pleasure to building this kit,I really love TAMIYA kit..the most time I spend on this kit is painting...

applying decal is a bit tricky..but take your time,it will be fine...have fun and carry on!!😄

• Like 1

7 hours ago, malpaso said:

I got 2 of this kit, after building black one,I thought that ivory white like the box art would be great too!! 😊

• Like 1

On 20/10/2021 at 22:56, voozet said:

Stunning! You have amazing painting skills. For me, successful painting is when there are no streaks and this is a completely different league 🙂

On 20/10/2021 at 22:56, Redstaff said:

That's a really nice build, well done  👏

Love the paint job, the black really suits it :) 

Ian

Thank you my friend!!

I followed your build (100+ installments?) on youtube. Superb, absolutely superb. Even for those of us who could not add as much amazing detail to their model as you did to yours, the videos offer some really good tutorials, especially for things like lowering the suspension to get a better ride height. I'll say it again, superb.

• Thanks 1