HMS Brave Borderer 1/35

17 minutes ago, JohnWS said:

Dmitriy, have a look at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXbRJX8l_K8&t=135s.  There are a few frames showing post-war torpedo colours.

This is my favorite movie! I watch it every night before going to bed. :)

I have seen images of silver torpedoes with a red head, black torpedoes with a red or yellow head.

• Haha 1

And yet, in many photos and videos, it seems that the sides of the hull are a little darker than the wheelhouse and other details on the deck. Maybe it's the difference in lighting.

• Like 1

On 22/12/2021 at 20:32, Dmitriy1967 said:

With a chainsaw on a scale of 1/16, I cut holes for the rudder tube.

Well, now I’ve seen it all.:yikes:

A Britmodeller using a chain saw on a build.

Love it. :worthy:

Jon

• Like 3

Happy New Year, my friends!

In Russia, the New Year is the most important and most magical holiday, which everyone is happy about, from children to the elderly.

Christmas is not such an important holiday. Perhaps this is because several generations grew up in the USSR, when very few people celebrated Christmas. And Russian Christmas is celebrated on January 6. In Russia, many things are done late.

I wish you joy, health and fulfillment of all your wishes in the new year! Happy New Year, from Russia with love!

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

I've been through long holidays. In Russia, the New Year is celebrated from December 31 to January 10. And on January 13 we celebrate the old New Year. :)

Now I will continue.

I glue on the below the chine the rail that I bent in hot water.

spacer.png

View from the engine room forward.

spacer.png

I make saws at the corners of the frames to install the rail framing the deck.

spacer.png

I glue a pre-bent rail that will frame the deck.

spacer.png

I like how it turned out. This is the first time I've done this and I'm happy with the result. I'm even a little proud of myself! :)

spacer.png

spacer.png

From the inside, I glue the platforms to the rails on which the casing will rest.

spacer.png

Next week, I'll start doing the hull plating.

• Like 7

I've been making a hull for so long. And I thought, but people buy plastic kits in boxes in which the hull is already ready. Well, maybe it needs to be glued together from two halves. And that's it! And I spend so much time cutting out something, gluing, bending, grinding… And I realized that I don't envy these people. I really like to create something out of nothing so slowly. I get a lot of pleasure from it!

• Like 4

Gidday Dmitriy, with so many types of modeling available, whether it be a kit OOB, a kit enhanced with PE, or like yours scratchbuilt I guess it all comes down to personal interest and ability. Provided rule no1 is followed - enjoy yourself. 🙂 You're doing a terrific job of this. That chine went on very well. 👍 Regards, Jeff.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dmitriy1967 said:

I really like to create something out of nothing so slowly. I get a lot of pleasure from it!

Dmitriy

My first scratch-built vessel took me 4 years and 3,000 hours...  As you say, the journey is the hobby, then you are left with the problem of where to keep the finished result :hmmm:

The hull framing is first class, looks strong enough sail across the Baltic....

Keep it up and Happy new year

Steve

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Steve D said:

... then you are left with the problem of where to keep the finished result :hmmm:

If I finish this ship, I hope I will get smarter and start building on a scale of 350 or 700

:)

It's only been a few months, and I've started covering the hull!  :)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I don't expect surprises from flat surfaces. I'm a little worried about how the curved surface in the front will turn out.

• Like 7