F-4 fg.1 892 Sqn. HMS Ark Royal - Fujileri 1/72

Dave_R

Hi All,

There's not much time left in this GB, but I think I can get this one done.

F-4K+01.JPG

F-4K+02.JPG

F-4K+03.JPG

F-4K+04.JPG

F-4K+05.JPG

I going with the 892 Sqn. decals which will go nicely with the Airfix Buccaneer I'm planning on building next year.

Dave.

• Like 8

Hi All,

The cockpit ready to be installed.

F-4K+06.JPG

...and installed

F-4K+07.JPG

F-4K+08.JPG

I've filled in the trenches in the air intake ramps as that's not a very realistic way of depicting the tiny holes, for me a smooth finish is closer to the real thing.

Dave.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2021 at 9:01 PM, Tony G said:

Just before you paint there are no antenas on the sides of the tail fin on 892 cabs

Thanks, I had overlooked that.  I think I was so used to seeing RAF Phantoms back in the 70's and 80's that I didn't give it a second thought.

I've got most of the painting done.

F-4K+12.jpg

F-4K+13.jpg

F-4K+14.jpg

F-4K+15.jpg

I've made another schoolboy error. I put the inner wing pylons on before the underwing serial numbers and I can't remove them without damage, now I'll have to cut-up the decals and try and fit them around the pylons.

Dave.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Dave_R said:

Thanks, I had overlooked that.  I think I was so used to seeing RAF Phantoms back in the 70's and 80's that I didn't give it a second thought.

F-4K+12.jpg

F-4K+13.jpg

F-4K+14.jpg

F-4K+15.jpg

I've made another schoolboy error. I put the inner wing pylons on before the underwing serial numbers and I can't remove them without damage, now I'll have to cut-up the decals and try and fit them around the pylons.

Dave.

It is looking good. Shame about the serial number, depending on the serial number there is often a small portion on the main undercarrage door as well

13 hours ago, Dave_R said:

F-4K+12.jpg

F-4K+13.jpg

F-4K+14.jpg

F-4K+15.jpg

Dave.

Measure the width of the pylon and use a straightedge ruler and sharp blade to remove the portion that should be under the pylon. Once its placed on the wing you can use the sharp blade to cut the bit thats hanging in the wheel well and place it on the door since your gear is already mounted. My apologies if you already figured all of this out ? 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

1 hour ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Nice work Dave!  Another cracking Brit Toom build on here.  I am really struggling not to paint my 32nd one in this scheme!

Beautiful

Give in to the senior service paint job, you know you want too

Edited by Tony G
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Beautifully done, the clean finish is spot on.

On 11/9/2021 at 6:13 PM, Anthony in NZ said:

I am really struggling not to paint my 32nd one in this scheme!

Are you serious? What other schemes are worth doing 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...