Airfix 1/48 Liverpudlian Chipmunk

Here’s my 1/48 Airfix Chipmunk T.10 in University of Liverpool Air Squadron markings. These aircraft were based at RAF Woodvale.

This was a fun and easy kit to build. I used the Kits-World 3-D printed instrument panels and seat belts, which were a measurable improvement over what’s supplied in the kit. I’m already planning my next one.

Granitecon 2021 Granitecon 2021

• Like 48

Very nice. Although I flew in these in the 80s red/white/grey scheme, I always found them a bit gaudy and much prefer the earlier schemes, like this. Great result.

Airfix's recent Chipmunk and Mosquito kits are great adverts for de Havilland: looks like a firm with real potential...

Justin  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, gingerbob said:

Were you (and the 'munk) at GraniteCon in Manchester NH?  I didn't make it, but noticed a Chipmunk among the builds on a Facebook photo album.

bob

p.s. Looks good!

Yep! I (and the Chipmunk) was at Granitecon this past Sunday. The model didn’t place in the contest, but there were a lot of really excellent models in that category. I was just happy I got it finished in time for the show. It certainly was one of the most colourful models in the category.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rod Blievers said:

That's a lovely model, well done Sir! I've only just noticed this myself; possibly the spinners were a pale blue?

That’s a great photo! One of the aircraft certainly looks like it has a pale blue spinner. The others, including WD365 which is the subject of my model, look darker. The instructions with the decal sheet said roundel blue, so that’s what I went with.

On 10/19/2021 at 6:20 AM, ColinChipmunkfan said:

As you have displayed the engine open could we have some more pictures, close ups maybe??

Seconded (or maybe that’s thirded?)  And of the 3D printed panel?

Attractive scheme done full justice - lovely build and finishing.

• Thanks 1